Putting money down on a lease

Max-out the MSDs instead.

Nope. Sometimes there are extra incentives on a lease compared to a purchase where it is a better decision to lease first and then buy it out.

3 Likes

You can do both, and MSDs are not always possible.

I have to humbly disagree, but would like to see an example were leasing first is better then just buying outright?

Kia stinger is the only one I can think of.

1 Like

Off the top of my head, when the Stinger first came out, there were a lot of lease incentives that didnā€™t apply to purchases.

1 Like

If you donā€™t like the car after 2/3 years of use, you can just walk away.

So your referencing a single make of a vehicle from its launch? come on now your better than thatā€¦And hershey beat you Hahaha

You do that on a purchase as well if you negotiate the right way.

Lmao stop taking it personally. All Iā€™m saying is to do your research before assuming that buying rather than lease to buy is automatically the better option.

Me?? Not taking it personally, had ten mins between Zoom meetings and decided to play devils advocate.

Acura mdx and tlx have also been candidates for this recently

1 Like

Well, you should use search before sharing bad advice next time :wink:

1 Like

Well now you got me hookedā€¦Tell me where putting money down on a lease is better then buying outright and applying that money to actual deduction of vehicle cost?

Oh and i flipped two evā€™s i wouldnā€™t consider them a norm that money will run out soon and i bet they dont replenish it.

I think we can all agree that in general buying/financing new is cheaper than leasing with the intention to buy it at the end.

As always, do the math to make sure.

3 Likes

Would it be better to buy or lease? lease payment $ 335 on Tacoma 15k per year no money down . MSRP is $38,400.

You should start your own thread with all the relevant information

Some people put money down if there is a threshold. Like multiple security deposits. They may put $100 down for example. And that takes them from a $501 payment to $499.

I have definitely done that before.

Post your deal my man, so others can help you.