Lease-to-buy hacks?

Hey Hackrs - I’ve been reading about how some lease deals lend themselves to quick lease buyouts resulting in advantageous deals. Prime example is the situation with the Stinger GT I saw others post about where they entered into 24 month leases which they immediately bought out. I think some folks got a 50K+ car for around 36K.

I’m wondering if anyone is aware of any other similar deals, specifically for cars in the Kia Soul class. I have a friend that needs to replace a car she just totaled within the next week, trying to help her with some leads.

Thanks in advance!

Anything with massive lease incentives and a high enough MF that a refi makes sense. Which is probably nothing in the Kia Soul class.

1 Like

Oh boy. Someone asking for advice again…

There really aren’t that many vehicles that fall into this category. You need something that has significantly higher lease incentives than purchase incentives. Lately, that’s been Acura MDXs and Kia Stingers.

2 Likes

These are anomalies. You are better off keeping your search simple: buy cars that hold their value well or lease cars that lease well.

2 Likes

Lease-to-buy could be good is you intend on purchasing your EV but don’t have $7,500 in federal tax liability to take advantage of the federal tax credit – and the captive is offering a lease credit/rebate of the equivalent amount. For example, VW Credit has a $7,500 rebate for e-Golf leases.

Usually on EVs. 5 coworkers leased I-Paces off an employee type program and sold them to Vroom months later. Offers varied by mileage and trim of the vehicle but most took home about 10k profit due to the massive lease incentives.

Kinda bummed I didn’t get it on it but there was no guarantee it was going to work and I didn’t want to get stuck in a I-Pace for 39 months :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry for the late response, but thanks for the info! Kinda figured it was something uncommon or there’d be more chatter about it here.

And your friend probably needs a replacement for a totalled car more than potential flipping opportunity

I did this on 2 leased Nissan Leafs last year. Combination of the lease cash and carvana over paying for cars made for a nice little profit.

Is it possible to sell the leased nissan leaf to car dealers like carvana or any other local dealer .