Purchased Chevy Bolt EUV at MSRP in NorCal

I was able to purchase a Chevy Bolt EUV Premier at MSRP in the SF Bay Area on September 17, 2023. No additional dealer/manufacturer installed options, and other than a $85 document preparation fee, it is MSRP + tax, title, license. This was an outright purchase, not a lease, but sharing the info with this forum nonetheless as I have learnt a lot form it. Lease pricing is “terrible” at this time, as others have also noted in this forum.

My experience with the purchase was that most dealers in the Bay Area are quoting some premium over MSRP when first approached, but some are willing to sell at MSRP if you come across as a genuine buyer ready to buy right away and they have the car you want on the lot. Less so if you want something that is expected to arrive in the future. All communication over email/text messages until deal was finalized - walked into the dealer after the deal was finalized to sign the papers and drive home the car.

A shoutout to @ChevyPhil who is active on this forum and with whom I communicated for this purchase; he was very helpful and gracious. Unfortunately I did not buy from him as he did not have what I wanted and I was in a bit of a hurry.

Happy to help if anyone has questions on executing a similar purchase themselves.

Nobody is looking to buy a bolt. The last person to do so was Steve Wozniak and even he gave up and got a Tesla

2 Likes