Purchased an RC-F 4 months ago and having 2nd thoughts. Should I sell now?

Weird how I then sold my Cayman S for more than I bought it for and my GT4 is worth more than what I paid. But it really depends on what you buy. 911 and 718 hold their value better than any car out there and the Macan does pretty well. Cayenne is meh. Panamera and Taycan are bad relative to the rest. But still better than most other brands.

And you don’t have to take my word for it. An average new car depreciates around 50% in the first 5 years (depending on who you ask, it ranges from 40%-60%). Average Porsche depreciation is 30%.

4 Likes

Agree with you 100%. I bought an 08 Cayman S for $38k, had it for 8 years and sold it for $47.5k.

I know what you mean. Yes they are reliable.

1 Like

No I absolutely am concerned about the car. I am a car obsessed person, always have been.

These will keep depreciating for the foreseeable future. There’s no way they have bottomed out and will appreciate any time soon.

Because it is not a satisfying car to drive and own. It’s hard to explain. It is pretty nice looking but really not so much from some angles. I hate the white break lights, for example. The interior is ok, but way too much plastics everywhere. It’s not comfortable for longer drives.The ML stereo sucks. The engine noise is ok (actually it’s fake I think although it’s a V8). It’s not particularly fast but not slow either. The matte paint is a huge pain in the ass to upkeep and any scratch will require a repaint of an entire part. The most important part - the driving, it’s a mixed bag. Sometimes it’s quite good, responsive, enjoyable, and sometimes it’s annoying due to the short wheelbase I think? Kind of twitchy. It is harsh even in eco mode.

I think you are correct on that. These are not the kind of cars, like certain Porsches or the LFA that have reached cult status. They do have their fan base but that fan base isn’t the super affluent types, so it will eventually find itself in the low 30s, upper 20s range I think, and will hover there depending on condition and mileage. I wouldn’t care so much about depreciation if I absolutely loved it though.

1 Like