Purchased an RC-F 4 months ago and having 2nd thoughts. Should I sell now?

I prefer the 2016 and higher LX570 and I agree that in terms of value the 2015 and prior are probably better. What I mean is to try to beat the market as much as possible. I guess it’s harder to do with more mundane cars. I think that actually the RX450h might be a sweet spot especially brand new for sticker (2022) or slightly used since a new model is out and we know it will arrive in small quantities and will sell for over sticker for a while. I have never driven one but they seem super comfortable.

You did well if you got it for MSRP. How long will you keep it for though?

The 2022 Macan S’s are going for msrp all day. It’s the GTS’s that are going for more I believe.

That said the 2022 S’s are the best value ( if you consider Porsche’s value) as they have pASM standard and also the sweet 2.9L TT engine that produces much more than the 385HP as stated (probably 400 hp+)

I plan on keeping it for 2-3 years as I only put on 4-5k a year of mileage. I figure in that time the market should correct and I can get back on the leasing bandwagon. I bought the macan for 83k and hopefully I can sell it for 50+ So that would give me a monthly spend of 8-900 for the macan S which for me is acceptable in light of the current market backdrop.

That’s smart. I should consider this route. Thanks.

Or buy a used Macan S/GTS and lose less value than new

Well, the thing is they just got refreshed for '22.

1 Like

Didn’t know that.

The 2021 GTS looks updated to me, at least from the rear. Maybe the S for updated in 22?

No the 2022s are the updated model year.

GTS gets the turbo engine and S gets the old gts engine. Screen is slightly bigger, some things that were optional like sport mirrors or something are standard, and interior/exterior on ‘22 S/GTS got reworked.

I am resurrecting an old post of mine about my RCF. I still have it one year later. It has 23K miles and I just got offered 52K on trade for a 21 Volvo V60 polestar engineered. Seems like a fair offer for the trade as I bought it for 63k at the very hight of the market (April 22). Anyone here has any experience or thoughts on the V60 polestar? I had a 2016 one that was fantastic and kept its value amazingly well (quite a rare car so it seems, with a strong following) but this version is a hybrid electric that’s both turbo and supercharged, so it;s different beast. I like the RCF but need more space. Also mine is matte and I am moving to a house without a garage - so outside parking will surely mess it up.

1 Like

Have you gotten other offers to compare? Or at least found MMR to know what the floor is?

It may be harder to get data since this is a relatively low-volume car, but the standard advice to keep the two transactions separate until everything’s figured out on both applies here like anywhere.

I don’t have access to Mannheim (used to) so no idea on MMR. If anyone here can provide, that would be awesome.

Post some pics here

I wouldn’t sell it - hold on to it - v-8 engines might be the holy grail soon - idk

Def don’t trade in for a Volvo

Everything from Lexus F will be hybridized going forward

Look at Mercedes - the new C63 - hybrid 4

1 Like

If someone’s worried about depreciation, buying any Porsche is the dumbest advice that can be given

Don’t let @wam22 see this or else he’s going to cook you

1 Like

I really miss my RC-F. V8, zero maintenance issues, loads of compliments. That’s a car you can put 200,000 miles on with just routine maintenance.

1 Like

If you want to buy a car as purely an investment to avoid depreciation, have you looked into a Ford GT or Carrera GT? Other than that most “regular” cars will depreciate, some more than others but excluding the 2020-2022 craziness, a car is a depreciating asset. You need to compare insurance, maintenance and other ancillary things to calculate the true value. If your only concern is value then maybe buy a used Honda civic with cash and drive it into the ground. Driving features, tech, space, matte or no matte finishes should have zero impact if you only care about the financial side of a car. If those things matter to you then the financial aspect might move to 2nd or 3rd place.

Lemme ask the obvious question, why do you (still?) want to get rid of it?

Hopefully he sees this so that he understands reality.

1 Like