Purchase at end of lease - paying "dealer fee" again

It’s definitely not the norm. Almost everywhere else the lessee can buy the car directly from the lessor; there is no dealer involved.

Yeah, I don’t know why the dealer gets involved in that transaction either. But from what I had seen in my dealership, customers are buying it here and all the dealers that I’ve asked around DFW is doing the same thing.

Not the first time I’ve heard of a dealer forcing you to get the car certified to buy it out at lease end. My buddy with a 2015 GTI managed to buy it out without the certification even though the dealer tried to convince him that he had to, I think he went to a different dealer or contacted VW Credit. I don’t recall, but I can ask him.

Same with me at Wallace Volkswagen in Stuart. I owed 10,200 then with all the nonsense now its 13,300

Me too. Same nonsense at Wallace Volswagen in Stuart Florida.

I JUST cane back from Gunther VW, Coconut Creek, Florida. They are FRAUDULENT SCAM SLEAZY PEOPLE! Months ago they begged me to come in and waive last 3 months of lease and extra mileage fee and as I was on the last page of the contract, Sleazy Manager Jeff put back in those fees. I ripped it up and walked. Today I went to pay the buyback balance and Sleazy Hanson would not let me do it unless I oaid the Dealer Fee, the one I paid when I leased the car. A call to VW FINANCE confirmed what I knew. There is no DEALER FEE when buying the car at the end of the lease and VW has had many complaints about Gunther doing this against the rules. BTW it is not in my contract either but Sleazy Hanson, one of their Pica Makes No money salesman still pushed this illegal charge. Needless to say VW FINANCE is handling it and rhey are very sorry for this. Their auditing dept are on the case. Do not ever buy from GUNTHER, they will stab you in the back in the end.

1 Like

Instead of bitching about a state law on the internet why don’t you Florida residents contact your legislators?