Purchase 2024 M240 - typical discounts

Looking at purchasing a 2024 M240 in SFL.
Looks like I’ll have to order it since the color combo is not negotiable (white/red).

MSRP is $57,000 as configured.

How much can I expect to negotiate this down? There are no manufacturer rebates.

Rare allocation. Might be lucky just to get an allocation, period.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. You never know how hard to go in negotiations - or if at all :slight_smile:

It never costs you anything to ask for a few % off the sticker…see what they say. Personally I’d start at 5-6% on this car and be happy with 2-4% off.

1 Like

I’ll try that. With some of the things I’ve read about certain cars and adjustments, almost feel lucky to get MSRP these days LOL. Crazy.

Yeah, you may not get anything on M240…in demand and really low supply…can get near 6-8% off on M4s these days tho if you want to look at those.

Find a BMW dealer that has a high volume leasing rep that generally works with commercial fleet accounts. Email that guy. Or ansk the GM who that guy is. to order you your 240. You’ll get a deal.

That’s what I did.

I got a deal.

If you never ask the question, the answers always is no. Always ask for a deal. always.

I can’t imagine M240i allocations being as hard to get as M2/M3. Call around or going and ask for a discount.

M3 still high demand, M2 a bit less but the occasional deal is possible just to offload and turn the books.

M240 is low volume enough that most dealers won’t budge and they don’t look ugly sitting on the floor.

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. I was just making assumptions and figured M3 demand would have subsided a bit since allocations got better around early 2023. I also would have thought there would have been way more demand for M2 allocations, not sure if they’re just producing more vs. M3 or if there’s less demand.

If I was in OP’s situation, I’d take an M2 with a small deal (few percent) over a well equipped M240i since the price spread isn’t that much. Less options on the M2 and maybe a $10k difference if you don’t get carried away with Carbon Fiber.

1 Like

Weird how old threads get brought back to life!

The m240 is on its way, should be here soon. This is a gift for my wife and the specs I wanted were nearly impossible to find. Getting a dealer in SFL to even talk to you was nigh impossible. I’m still waiting for callbacks from “the next allocation is yours” sales guys. Most of the sales guys I spoke were not super excited about selling. Maybe they get so much foot traffic that they don’t bother. :man_shrugging:

The M2 vs M240 for me comes down to red interior. Literally. M2 doesn’t have a red interior option and that was a deal breaker. Otherwise I would have gone with an M2 for a few reasons. Though, M240 might be better looking than the M2. Didn’t break it down too much because of the interior color.

@IAC_Scott was able to find me an allocation under MSRP and I’m ecstatic. My wife giggles when we look at the status. Waiting for transport, right now.

I’ve always said and I tell folks when I send them over here, your pickiness on a car spec is the inverse of the deal you’re likely to get. All things being equal, anyone can get lucky. But if you want a purple car with yellow interior: you’re gonna pay.

2 Likes

Many of them just don’t get excited about orders since they’re not making money now, they want to make money now.

@MisterGoober there has never been a major excess for M240i allocations, at the the time we did this order there wasn’t even 1 per dealer in the US.

1 Like