Purchase 2021 Chevy Bolt LT1 Cajun Red (Purchase)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 Chevy Bolt LT 1 Driver Convenience package with DRIVER CONFIDENCE I & II PACKAGE With DC Fast Charging

MSRP: $ 40185
Selling Price: $ 35491.64
Monthly Payment:
Drive-Off Amount: $ 23100.00
Months:
Annual Mileage:
MF:
Residual:
Incentives: $14500 ( $9000+$1000$3000+$1500) Costco + GM Loyalty
Region: GA
Leasehackr Score:
Leasehackr Calculator

4 Likes

Did you already sign the deal?

1 Like

I’ve signed the paperwork but have not taken the delivery of the vehicle! In the process of applying for the loan @ penfed thro’ buying services and receive 1.04% for 36 months.

Is something not right @ this deal ? Please let me know. Thanks!

Have you looked carefully at leasing in lieu of buying and determined that a purchase is the best path forward?

2 Likes

In GA, for a lease on 2021 Bolt LT1 they quoted@ $246 for 36 months with 3000 DAS

With residual of 53% ( 21300) at the end of 36 months lease and total lease cost of $11856 , a purchase price of 23100 with taxes & fees seems justifiable!

Seems like a no brainer to me. I’d bet that the car is worth more than $11k in 3 years.

This has the 6.2?! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

The pure thrill of leaving the crowd behind @ a stop lite is amazing with/without the 6.2L

Nothing wrong with the buy deal necessarily. Personally though, unless I was driving 15K to 20K per year, it would be a hard pass on the buy. Too many unknowns. Seems less risky to lease at about the same price, and make a decision in 3 years. My guess is that vehicle will be worth 16K tops at lease end.

1 Like

Couldnt agree more… My last 4 cars have been leases with this bolt ev exception. My annual commute of 30k miles made me go the purchase option.

Haha, yeah, I won’t even put that on my lease in the 3 year term. If you are going to drive the living shit out of it, and dump it in 4 or 5 years, you should have a pretty solid deal. I think it will be quite sometime before I am willing to plunk down cash on an EV buy. I would have to keep it for over a decade+ to make sense, and the tech is just not there yet.

1 Like

That is exactly what I was getting after, I figured there had to be some other type of driving force circumstance✔️

2 Likes

Try www.lightstream.com for a non collateral auto loan. I’ve used them many times. If your credit is stellar you’ll get the lowest rate and they’ll deposit the cash into your checking in 1 business day and you’ll get to keep a lien free title for a quick car sale when the time comes.

That is crazy, they are making personal loans at 2.49%?

Rate will adjust if you select personal loan. Rate is always low for new car purchase, they actually don’t ask for proof if the vehicle is new or used from my experience.

1 Like

I’m getting thro’ penfed with their buying program…36 months @ 1.04%

1 Like

You’re going to pay one way or the other, after 36 months and 90k miles, that Bolt won’t be worth much. Personally I would keep grinding the lease numbers and get two Bolts for around $300 a month, that $246 seems too high compared to what’s been posted lately. Added bonus, one will always be charged!

I can’t even find used Bolt’s with 90k, I see 2017’s with 40k’s going for around $13k retail. With that info I’d say one with 90k is sub $10k on a trade in three years from now, maybe worse

1 Like

You would be correct, likely a 6/8k trade value but with that commute he’d be better off doing what I’m doing and buy a beater for commuting. My manual 2017 Corolla SE gets 33mpg (and I drive like an idiot), holds value, nice features, etc. all for sub 15k OTD.

1 Like

And it will be 300K before that engine needs a teardown.

1 Like

Or that, can’t go wrong with a Corolla

1 Like

Dude I didn’t recognize your account :laughing:

:chocolate_bar: