PSA: BMW CCA Membership Rebate policy changing in 2020

Heads up for those thinking about getting BMW CCA membership for the rebates.

Those who purchase 3-yr + after 12/31/2019 will be required to wait 6-months before eligible for rebate.

Those who purchase membership prior to 12/31/2019 will be grandfathered for current terms and not subject to the 6th month waiting period.

Here’s my Member ID: 457884 if you want to use me as a referral credit.

1 Like

Just received this from the BMW CCA:

Membership Reward Rebate Program Update
As you may know, BMW NA has provided the incredible BMW CCA Membership Reward Rebate program benefit for years, which has saved members thousands of dollars. In addition, this fantastic member benefit has helped grow the club and introduced many new BMW owners to a world of phenomenal, enthusiast driving and social events. This partnership with BMW NA has helped the BMW CCA grow into the largest and most diverse BMW club in the world.

As with any program this size, there are changes and updates introduced each year. For the 2020 calendar year, the program is receiving several updates. The most significant update is the addition of a six-month waiting period. Individuals who purchase a three-year or longer membership after December 31, 2019, will be required to wait six months before taking delivery of a new BMW and applying for the rebate. However, everyone that purchases a three-year membership by December 31, 2019, will be grandfathered in under the current terms and will not have to wait six months. This new change will only affect memberships purchased after December 31, 2019.

As always, members who are in good standing, and who have been members of the club for 12 consecutive months or longer without a lapse are also eligible to apply for the rebate.

Keen observers of this new change may note an individual with a one-year membership, who has been a member for six months already, can buy a three-year membership after December 31, 2019, and become immediately eligible to apply for the rebate.

For full program details, rules, and eligibility requirements, please visit: [https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate]

Please note: The updated 2020 rebate application will be uploaded to the website once it is released by BMW NA.

2 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, grab your best rewards credit card and act now…

1 Like

Did you read the wiki? It says that you can’t combine conquest with fleet.

1 Like

Corporate Fleet changes every five minutes. I wouldn’t plan around current terms.

3 Likes

I renew every 5 year membership anyways … been member since the 2007 …
I didn’t do it just for the rebate but for the club events

BMW North America doesn’t care for BMW CCA since the majority of the original members are buy and drive forever members. However it’s BMW AG that cherish the loyal following and believe in life-long customers. The recent 3 year immediate rebate qualification was a membership drive effort from the motherland. It generated great responses that they are are dialing it back a little bit.

Get the membership this year!

2 Likes

Not sure how many people noticed this buried 200 posts deep in the original BMWCCA thread but there’s only a few days left if you want instant eligibility towards the rebate

Post 12/31/19 you’ll have to wait six months before becoming eligible

I thought the CCA rebate was done post sale and that it doesn’t matter what credits were applied during the sale.

The check is issued by BMW NA so they may or may not run an audit on your sales contract.
Dealer fills out a claim form for each special incentive that they applied on your car.

FWIW … Please close this thread after the year end.

Can you use fleet on a demo?

the way i read these two paragraphs demos are not eligible for cash purchase incentive. However, it appears to imply that demos with less than 5K miles may be eligible for the lease incentive.

I just signed up a customer for CCA and it shows the join date as 1/1/20 so I hope this will not cause problems with the rebate. I saved the receipt showing today’s date just in case.

Is anybody worried about the receipt saying 1/1/2020?

Receipt shows the date you paid but the join date in their portal shows 1/1/20

My receipt is dated 6/14, but my membership period didn’t “start” until 7/1.

I submitted the rebate request almost immediately (definitely before 7/1) and received the rebate in a bit over six weeks.

Receipt Date 06/14/2019

Invoice Number Product Description Subtotal
xxxxxx BMW Car Club of America - 3 Years (07/01/2019-06/30/2022) $134.00
Buckeye Chapter - 3 Years (07/01/2019-06/30/2022) $0.00
Total $134.00

Also, if you’re on the fence about joining, the membership dues are going up in February.

I received this email on 12/6. This may have already been posted, but here goes anyway…

2 Likes

Reminder: Last day for instant rebate eligibility with the 3-year CCA membership is tomorrow, 12/31.

Also: PSA: BMW CCA Dues Increasing in February

And don’t forget discount code “BMWUDE2019” which gives another $8 off membership!

I just used it yesterday