Price negotiable? Certified Pre-Owned 2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Hi Hackrs,

I’m planning to purchase a certified pre-owned vehicle. I’m not sure what would be a reasonable price for this vehicle, hope to get some ideas from you.

State: CA
2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i
Miles: 25,000
Price: 38,696

Packages:

1. Driving Assistance Package
  2. Parking Assistance Package
  3. Premium Package

Thank you.

Run it through carmax, carvana etc to get a sense of its Wholesale value.

Check KBB, Edmunds, black book, nada guides etc for valuation

Check to see what comparable vehicles are being listed at in your area on cars.com, auto trader etc

Just booked a trade in on a similar car @ 30K if that tells you anything.

If you can be on this side of 35 you’re at least getting something for it with the CPO warranty.

Curious as to what made you target this vehicle in the first place?

It’s not particularly well-equipped relative to other CUVs and BMW’s CPO is not particularly good relative to other programs.

Thank you!

Thanks, that’s a really helpful insight.

What are you talking about?! Has three major packages…what is it missing?

Really? I was planning to purchase a 2023 BMW x3, but the highest discount I found is 8% off MSPs. (kind of out of my budget). That’s why I chose to purchase a certified pre-owned X3. (at least it has 3 years warranty)

Wait I thought cpo warranty is one year after original warranty ends. What’s the original msrp of this car?

Not sure why you are comparing the discount off MSRP on a new car vs the price of a CPO.

What is your budget then? Personally, I wouldn’t purchase a used car in this current market. The market is still a little inflated, IMO.

Not quite.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.