Price for Loaded Chrysler Pacifica?

Yeah I have access to affiliate through my work. Do they literally just take 1% off the negotiated price?

I’ve never bought a Chrysler, but in my Jeep and Dodge dealings, the target is 6% below invoice pre-incentive. It is reported that with the affiliate pin the dealer gets a 1% bonus from FCA, so in the best case you can get 7% below invoice. Not all dealers will play ball, some will take the pin and not improve the deal, some will already be at best price regardless of the pin. But, you want to bring the affiliate pin into the conversation after you think you’ve gotten them to the biggest discount possible.

I do agree with @mcllb42 that you should look into Ally and US Bank rates and go for the IDL

LH score is based on MSRP which makes it meaningless IMO. How meaningful is the MSRP of a $52k Pacifica?! I’m shocked this thing doesn’t have $10k of cash on the hood for a finance honestly.

If there is significant IDL cash through Ally etc. but MF is high, it might make sense to lease to refinance to take advantage of it provided that those captives don’t hold you to the agreed upon total rent charge for a buyout.

$500+ is nuts IMO for either one of these. Personally I couldn’t justify 30-50% higher lease cost to lease a top trim versus a mid trim. The RV’s are always terrible on top trims and they’re much better as CPO buys. But if that’s what the wife insists on, I guess all you can do is your best on them. Sounds like you’re on the right track in doing so.

1 Like

I think it makes sense to not get a $52k minivan right now, what’s the rush?

1 Like

Wife had her van totalled out. My truck lease goes back in 30 days. We need at least one vehicle.

I mean, yeah could we get a cheap model and save money? Maybe. Not really the point. I could also get a 2005 Ford Focus, but that’s not what she wants. Trying to get the model we want at the best price we can.

Get an extension on the truck, we could get by with 1/2 a car right now. I’d be surprised if you couldn’t get an extension right now

Must be different in your part of the country, we’re just sitting at home looking at each other, consuming streaming and playing video games.

We could get by…sure. We’re in Oklahoma. Things are shutting down but life will go on in a few weeks.

…which is literally exactly what I said almost word for word.

2005 Ford Focus is a straw man argument. I was talking about the difference in lease cost from a mid trim with leather to top trim likely being $5k+ since the RV takes a :poop: . That’s a lot of iPads and such :laughing:

Yeah, try arguing with my wife. I’d rather burn 5k than try that. And frankly she came from a Metris conversion that was near 60k. Trying to ensure she loves what she drives and we get a decent deal.

2 Likes

Holy shit you could have a Telluride instead

If you were in a big city, you would wonder what the hell happened, it’s like a ghost town

OKC is a pretty decent size town and yeah it’s slowed way down. We’re a week or two behind the coasts.

This is for my wife. She doesn’t want an SUV. I’m looking at a Telluride or Explorer ST for myself though.

Let me know if you guys don’t work out :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Let’s hope together that isn’t reflected in infection rates in a week or two . . .

LOL you can have her… :smiley:

1 Like

She’ll learn to appreciate my 2005 Odyssey Touring :laughing:

2 Likes

I was trying to hack a Pacifica three years ago which is how I first found the LH forum (the rest is downhill). But even then the RV was horrible. We ended up buying a Sienna at 0% with $0 down and $2,500 negative equity. 18 months later we traded that in with positive equity of $3k and bought another Sienna at 0% with $0 down (which lowered our payment).

The Pacifica is a nice looking van (wish we had the Sto-N-Go) but so is the Sienna SE and we’ve never regretted it. I would at least try to work on the wifey and point out what a horrible financial move that car is and what the competitors are offering.

Best of luck! :laughing: :rofl:

2 Likes

We had a 2014 sienna. The 2020’s are basically the same as they were 5 years ago with minor changes. The tech stinks, no cooled seats, no remote start (the toyota add on is trash…). The SE is probably the best looking van, but lacks the premium features that my wife wants. I could argue all day with her but no point.

1 Like