Prepaid Lease - MB - Can I get out?

I leased a Mercedes in April. I pre-paid for 24 months, it’s a solid car but I find it super uncomfortable. Is there a way out of this lease? I prepaid the whole thing, can I use that as equity to move into a different vehicle? Is a lease transfer possible? I got a ridiculously great deal so I’m sure somebody out there would like to take the car. Please advise…

1 Like

You keeping it in your name for me boss? :sunglasses:

I’m going to assume it’s a EQS
I would say sell it back to a dealer but the dealer probably doesn’t want it back unless you are going to fork over $$$

2 Likes

Man got a one pay for $14k lol, it ain’t going anywhere. Maybe those new pillows will help with comfort.

6 Likes

Equity and eqs share two letters. That is where the Venn diagram ends sadly

Unless you are dead or are in CT no transfers

15 Likes

Sad GIF

8 Likes

damn well I guess I’ll have to suffer in this extremely fancy car for the next 18 months…

3 Likes

Sue @HersheySweet for the damages
Add @Kellstar too

5 Likes

LOL I am pretty sure I gave a disclaimer saying “YOU WILL HAVE NO EQUITY, YOU WILL NOT GET OUT OF IT”

My man wanted an Ioniq 5 for $800/month via buyout. Should have let him.

2 Likes

Put the EQS on Turo for $100/day

Lease a different car

Profit.

In all seriousness though, does MBFS prohibit this in the lease agreement? Turo allows it. It’s risky due to damage at lease end, but in theory would be covered by insurance.

1 Like

Genuine questions:

What do you find uncomfortable about the car (I’ve never sat in one, so I have no idea what they’re like)?

Does CT have some sort of law barring banks from not allowing lease transfers?

Yeah they have something like that

3 Likes

No I thought it was Uber camry levels of discomfort, then I learnt there’s a whole nother menu to adjust lumbar and bolster cushions, made it 7/10

2 Likes

It isn’t a bad idea but I’m 99% sure MB will have language in the contract that the car is for personal use and not for commercial services unless allowed in writing.

But really I would be more concerned about insurance. Insurance companies require separate riders/policies for Turo and Uber. If you rent the car out on a personal policy and something happens, you will be SOL.

1 Like

Driving wise it’s fine, I just don’t like that the seat doesn’t recline fully.

4 Likes

Turo would be cool but besides the insurance issues the lease mileage would be blown out.

1 Like

Probably cheaper to swap a seat in :joy:

Foot rests 2.0

6 Likes

i believe Turo has their own policy for rentals so wouldn’t conflict with personal insurance.

1 Like

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

8 Likes

Have gotten the lumbar pillows?might make it more comfortable

Assuming you made that huge one payment, isn’t your RV fixed at what it would be 24 months later at the end of lease term? Why not buy it at that RV value (which should be a lot lower than current wholesale value) and resell the car? If you paid very low rent charge (I guess that would be the only reason to justify one lump sum payment for lease?), then at least theoretically isn’t it the only thing you have to loose if you buy it out? Buy it and resell it, for as close to your total cost (minus depreciation since April) as you possibly can.