Pre-owned 2020 Macan Base

Casually looking at a used 2020 Macan Base, 47k miles, $33,800. 2 owners.
Hasn’t had the 40k mile service. ($2,500-$3,500)
Looks like it was a demo that was purchased with 6k miles on the odo by the first owner to be
used a rental/fleet vehicle.
The dealer won’t budge on the price and says it’s fair.
Based on the history and need to pay for the service it feels too high.
Leave it alone?

Why would you want a former rental when 1-2 owner cars are out there? A former rental is the worst type of used car.

What’s in the 40k service that it costs 3k?

1 Like

I don’t necessarily want it; I just started looking at Macans. When I saw the price (compared to others of the same year, trim, and miles) this one stood out. Figured I’d ask people more knowledgeable.

The 40k mile service isn’t a lot (oil change, air filter, cabin filter, spark plugs, and brake fluid change) it feels like like a scam but I called the 3 dealers around me and they quoted from 2600-4000. I just wouldn’t want to try to re-sell it later without having the service intervals done. I feel like that’s important to people looking at Porsches.

Not to hijack my own thread, but I’d rather lease something. I’ve found OR to be a tough place to replicate the deals I’ve seen on here. We also have a small marketplace section/brokers for the area.

Thanks for your time and replying.

It is the fourth cheapest 2020 Macan in the nation according to AutoTrader, so I can see why the dealer doesn’t want to budge.

You do save upfront by buying a former fleet/rental car, but there are more risks involved, and the price you can sell it for in the future will be reduced accordingly. The Walmart tires on it are not confidence inspiring. How long do you plan on keeping it for?

1 Like

Assuming you live in Seattle or Portland, a decent indy shop can do that service for half of what you’ve been quoted by the dealer if not less.

Many DIY peeps can also do that service on their own without labor and for parts only assuming you have the appropriate tools (brakes are only semi-difficult).

2 Likes

Until I can find something better. I’d like to get another lease, but nothing is really working for me right now. Probably a year-ish. I drive less than 5k miles a year since I work from home, and we have another car.

Basically, I’m trying to move my current '13 Tacoma TRD while the market is still good for those but we need two cars. So I’m looking for a stopgap that would be fun, my kids can fit in, and moderately inexpensive.

I can actually do most of that work. I just assumed (maybe wrongly) that to keep the value up on a car like a Porsche that a future buyer would want to see the “major” interval service done at the dealership.

1 Like

DIY or have an Indy do it. There are no self/proclaimed Porsche purists who will be buying 2020 Macans when you’re ready to sell. Screw the snobs anyway

There’s really no reason to expect any kind of cliff for a 2013 Tacoma’s value to fall off any time soon.

And a Macan seems entirely the wrong vehicle for its replacement.

Yeah, it’s twofold. Trying to get the best selling price (which I guess I shouldn’t be as worried about, thanks) Second I actually need to move on from a truck. I don’t need one at all anymore and it’s the 4 door long bed so it’s a huge pain in the ass since I now live in the city.

If nothing works out in the next couple days, target the California Marketplace in mid March with the goal of closing before 3/31 and driving/shipping to OR.

Sounds like an EV lease might be right for you

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the info, man. I’ll focus in on March then.

1 Like