Potential Group Buy

Chicagoland area

Looking for others who will be looking to lease in the November/December time frame.

Looking for a Luxury SUV under $450/month (RX 350 / QX 60 or similar)

Thinking we have more buying power as a group. Let me know if you might interested in joining or assisting.

1 Like

I’m in Columbus Ohio but would possibly be able to come up if if the group decides to go after a RX350

Chicagoland area here, my brother is interested in an RX350.

Excellent. I’m not sure if you have started the process or not yet, but if you have please share any current offers out there. I know the deals will get better Nov/Dec. My must have is AWD.

Yes I need AWD as well. The offers in Ohio have been terrible. I have tried Columbus, Cincy, and Cleveland. I’m getting like 5% off MSRP max on a base AWD ($47k), and even with my $1,000 graduate cash, the $2,500 lease rebate, and max MSD they are quoting me like $475. Should be able to get this around $400 or even under IMO

One of the thoughts on here in the recent “TWOFER” thread (comment from gluck) was that the kind of deal you want is one where the dealer takes a loss to make a number. The dealer may be less likely to do two deals like that than they are one. So going in for a bulk buy may get you relatively low pricing, but wont necessarily net you multiple “LH” deals from the same dealer.

3 Likes

Have not started, was looking at a GLC but I think I have finally convinced him its a terrible lease and to get an RX. AWD a must here as well, other than that only requirement is no ugly colors and dark interior.

Interested in a GX460

Use a broker and let him work the group buy for you guys…

1 Like

Would certainly entertain a broker and split the fees maybe?

LOL You expect a broker charge you one fee for multiple cars/customers?

3 Likes

LOL? Fee’s sounds plural to me. Lets try and stay on topic.

Plural or not - sounds like you wish a broker will cut you a deal on his fees also.

1 Like

Way to stay on topic…and yes, if a broker chose to do so and get multiple deals done with a group of people I would say it’s mutually beneficial.

Staying on topic: if your aim is to get the best possible price if you go alone - how do you then expect to get even better price by bringing more people? Dealers may be willing to take a bigger hit on one car sometimes, giving you the best possible deal at that point in time.

1 Like

I appreciate the thought and you may be correct with that. My thought was that the dealers aren’t going to lose money on a car (if they do its rare). So if they lease out a bunch of cars and make a small amount they are still getting volume through which creates a bigger kickback from the manufacturer. If anyone has ever done this please chime in. If my thought is not correct let me know that as well.

As a broker, I wouldn’t charge my one fee for ten different customers. If it was one cutomer purchasing two cars, I’d give them a little bit of a discount. So don’t get any ideas …

1 Like

That’s what I said. Or you didn’t mean to reply to me? LOL

1 Like

OOPS, I didn’t mean to reply to you.

I’m actually curious to know dealers’ opinion about that. They deal in volume, but… @chevysalesgirl, @ChevyPhil?