Potential for Great Deals on Chevy Bolts (again) - $3000 Incentive Offer from Costco

Got two as company cars for my business partner and me. Being able to write off the mileage for work when there is no gas or maintenance expenses is just sugar on top! I have to say, as a daily Mercedes & BMW driver, I am thoroughly impressed with this little car. Yes the interior materials are crap but the seats are fine (and I am a bigger guy), the car actually rides really well and I am super happy overall - especially for the price. The tires suck but that is to be expected. I bought a set of winter tires and will get a set of summer for the warmer months and this thing will stick. The kids want me to get a Tesla and I just keep telling them that at this price, I could lease a different color Bolt for each day of the week! lol

4 Likes

I actually just emailed them about this: “Planning will not begin until mid-December 2020 at the earliest”

I’m probably going to bite the bullet and do the install to capture the 30% back from Uncle Sam, and cross my fingers that NJ retroacts the effective date whenever they figure it out

1 Like

Its certainly possible, although they are being really coy about the retroactivity.

Can someone walk me through how to do this? Do I use the Costco link? Do I go into the dealer and act like I want to buy it first, get the price down, then show the costco link, and then ask for a lease?
I have leased all my life, but never with a one time pay.
Please help!!!

https://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2F

No

so apparently, NJs $5K rebate is causing dealers to not discount the car at all. while in other states its easy to get it for $3K (or more) under MSRP, in NJ it seems you are lucky to find one at around $1K under MSRP (some were even basically sticking to straight up MSRP, as they know out of state dealers cant beat the final cost due to the $5K). also very very limited stock, which might play a role as well.

was searching around with friends and none of the dealers in NJ wanted to play ball.

Any way to get good BOLT deals (like the ones in NJ and CA) in FL?
Have lease, costco and supplier

I think in the past 24 hours we’ve had at least 3 NJ deals reported here that were thousands off MSRP.

I’ve been working on a bolt deal in NJ and have had 3 dealers come in around 4-7%, so its doable but they all seem to be very firm on their pricing.

BTW, does anyone know what cars qualifies for the conquest credit?

Any lease in the household.

Ah thank you, so no purchased car :frowning:

No, any leased car in the household qualifies you.

I paid around $7k for a Premier one-pay in FL at the end of September. Of course there aren’t any state incentives so you won’t get the truly wild deals, but I think it’s still a very fair deal for this car.

Can you share the dealer you dealt with?

Yep, it was at Automation Chevrolet in Greenacres, FL

I’m new here. Where do I go from here?
I’ve been reading about this bolt deal for awhile so I decided to hop on the bandwagon. I’m not sure what I need to negotiate with this dealer.

20201015_134128|243x500

Dealer discount is :poop:

Should be closer to $3,000 - $4,000 to be considered aggressive.

1 Like

Leasing 101 section should be your first stop.

You have a lot of reading to do to understand the art of LH’ing. People here will help, but you need to show that you’ve done your reading here, adequate research w/ dealers, and then bring back all the specific info for your deal in hand for feedback.

Good Luck in your Bolt search, you’re picking a hard “unicorn” type deal for you’re first effort, but w/ time and persistence you can get there, but no one here is going to hand you a no-cost Bolt deal.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I read leasing 101. I’m also in touch with about 10 dealers. I don’t want to be spoon fed, but because it is my first time I need some more handholding.
My real question is how do I know which fees I can negotiate and to get them to lower the selling price is just negotiating?