Potential Costco-Jaguar F-Type Unicorn expires 8/2

E stands for Enough

5 Likes

Dealers are giving about 3% off the MSRP and marking up MF. No go

1 Like

JLR in a nutshell.

But hey, they really appeal to people who have $2,000/month car allowances from work but can’t decide on anything.

5 Likes

Lol

We have a full-size disco that has aged extremely well.

That car we absolutely love and are replacing with a defender if it ever gets built/arrives. Supposedly end of October.

2 Likes

back in the day they were 350$ 10/36 plus tax for the Range Rover/Jaguar employees
not SVR just regular

No lease transfers with Jaguar. So you keep it even if the love diminishes.

If you order a build will /can a dealer mark up the sales price when it’s recieved?

I called about an in stock 110 this week and got told there was a $25k “market adjustment” … yikes.

Told him to lose my number.

2 Likes

Costco called me about the one dealer participating in the program… 200 miles away.

So I called the dealer about the one example they had available. Turns out they can’t sell it to me because I’m too far away. Not even the fact that I leased a 2018 F-Type from the exact same dealer three years ago was enough for them to work something out.

Inventory shortage. Le sigh.

@kingbort thanks for the heads up!

4 Likes

Should see how many texts and emails I have :sweat_smile:

Downside of not having a work cell.

1 Like

There’s a white R-Dynamic AWD in Paramus NJ that qualifies, though delivery would need to be taken by tomorrow. 5% off MSRP up front and 5% via the cash card later, if I understood it right.

I dont expect it to be less than 900/mo sign and drive and that’s being optimistic

1 Like

Just heard from them. No dealers in TX with stock.

FYI…For 2022 Jaguar is simplifying its F-Type to include only V-8 engines. The turbocharged four-cylinder and supercharged V-6 are no longer available…

The new base model is powered by a 444-hp supercharged V-8 while the F-Type R still uses the 575-hp version…

The 2022 F-Types will arrive next month starting at $71,050…

I had a F Type convertible from back in the unicorn glory days for ~500/mo and had been carless since the lease expired last summer, this may be the sign I have been waiting for.

There is a participating dealer near me, but basically only six figure F Type Rs. What is the best way to try to negotiate this when Costco tells them you’re coming? Ballpark what would a 100k one come out to? Too early for MF/RV since we’re only a day into the month unless someone has them.

You figure residual is in the low 50s, low MF (almost 0%), discount is 10% (effective). 100k car means 90k sale price, 52% residual means you are paying 38k plus tax over 36 months. So I’d figure in the ballpark of $1200/month tax included if you factor in costco savings.

Today is the last day of program so usually direct with sales manager.

Thanks! Not even close to worth it for that. Figured might be closer to 20% effective with the other lease cash plus wherever else they want to try and do to make the sale. 10% discount I thought was the least you could expect just walking off the street.

I’ve tried to get a Jag convertible in the past with a chase private client pin recently and it still came out to 1200/month or more.

1 Like

Same here. Probably will never lease a Jag again…
But debating whether I should buy out when the my sportbrake lease end, since I drove so little due to covid and just keep it two more years until the warranty expires…

Yeh the car just got so boring after a while aside from looking at it parked. Otherwise blood flow was minimal.

BMW is just a much much better car and im not a fanboy