Post-Inflation Reduction Act Vehicle Summary?

Honestly, I am very confused about which vehicles will still qualify for federal EV rebates and how that changes at the start of 2023.

According to this link, the polestar 2 will no longer qualify. Has that affected RV for leases? It does not appear to have significantly affected 36 month lease on their website.

Any PHEV or EV that are not a “terrible” deal in this market to either lease/finance?

I have read up on the Wrangler 4xe, but I am not a big fan of the Wrangler. However, maybe I could consider it if it would be a “bridge” vehicle until the market cools that I will not lose too much money on.

Would like to stay under $1000 per month with 0 down if possible.

Thanks!

1 Like

Between now and the end of the year, only stuff that previously qualified continues to qualify if it’s made in north america. Nothing new qualifies yet.

No one knows what will actually qualify next year.

2 Likes

If you like the polestar and eant to lease, jump on it before they change the lease programs.

2 Likes

Actually since I checked this morning it has gone way up. So too slow haha

1 Like

The Department of Energy released a list of cars that potentially qualify. But you have to meet the North America assembly requirements, so you’ll have to closely monitor the final assembly location of your vehicle through the VIN decoder on NHTSA’s site

This list?

https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/inflation-reduction-act

Its just a partial list of vehicles that meet the NA assembly requirement.

It doesnt touch on who would qualify next year based on the battery sourcing and fab requirements.

Yep, between now and December 31

Whats funny though is it includes a whole bunch of vehicles that dont qualify between now and december 31 that also won’t qualify after december 31.

It can be confusing. Not sure why they included Tesla with a side note. The model X won’t ever qualify either. It’s the government though, they don’t make it easy…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.