(Post) Deal Check 2020 A4 - How bad is it?

Yes, duh (to myself).

If there is some sort of error in the contract, it gets voided. So you have to return the car and get to re-negotiate. But that kind of error would’ve been detected very quickly.

This is true… :frowning:

Use the frustration to study up on leasing. There is much to learn on this forum, and most posters are happy to share their knowledge.

Terrible deals happen. If you’re healthy, etc., and can afford the payment pretty easily, don’t worry too much about it. Just don’t effectively pay over MSRP for a “regular” car (even from a luxury brand) again!

Oh, and next time post the quote BEFORE signing.

1 Like

This will sting for a while but you’re here now so it’ shouldn’t happen again. If you don’t have the time to teach yourself, just hire a reputable broker.

1 Like

Do you know what would happen if I totaled the car? I honestly have no idea.

I appreciate the good advice. Definitely won’t let this happen again. Now I’m wondering what will happen if I try and get a lease from the same dealer but not let them screw me this time :joy:

Lesson learned, trust me :slight_smile:

Also in Utah. When I discovered Leasehackr a few years ago, I realized how advantageous it is to get a one-way plane ticket to a more competitive market. Utah dealers rarely discount anything. They like to pretend manufacturer incentives are coming out of their pockets. During the Tundra giveaway I did have luck locally, but it’s pretty rare.

3 Likes

I feel a dealer who gives deals like that does nothing but screw people.

1 Like

Interesting! This is great advice, thank you.

Rule of thumb is to leave as little down as possible. I rolled everything into my monthly including taxes. I also maxed out MSDs.

Since your lease is 42 and mine is 36, can’t accurately compare total lease cost but my effective monthly payment is still lower.

So much to learn about leasing. You’re in the right place. I’ve been burned on bad deals in the past. We all can learn from it if we put in the time.

2 Likes

You’re not off to a great start… you’re better off just realizing that they’re a stealership and avoiding them altogether from here on out.

4 Likes

You’re probably right. I’m considering writing an email to their GM and head of finance going over the “deal” and how I feel I was taken advantage of. Obviously nothing can be done about it now, but voicing my frustrations may not be a bad idea.

If you feel as if they cheated you, why would you attempt to give them more money? Even if you’re trying to “hack” them?

Just go to a more competitive market. Fly one way to California and literally save 5 to 8k over the lease term.

2 Likes

Also, if you’re Audi loyal, sign up for Costco. They have a sales event right now that’s giving 10% off MSRP and your car would have qualified. In addition to a bonus Costco card of $500+

1 Like

A little late now with him being stuck with it for 3 more years.

Agreed. In 2017 (before Leasehackr), I was researching leases on A4s. Cutrubus Audi was the easiest to work with and I worked an alright deal. Audi Lehi was by far the worst; no discounts whatsoever, and MF marked to the max. I have never considered trying them again. I would still rather work a deal through email/phone only, and fly to California.

1 Like

Dealership is in business of making money and the OP funded a few boat payments. We always say don’t take it personal. Live learn and do better next time. I’m sure dealerships people here regularly get good deals from also make similar “stealership” deals all the time when the right customer comes through door.

I bet they did, they probably told him buy rate (did not look at the contract though, just guessing) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gone for awhile and discounts have become markups?

What happened? :laughing:

2 Likes

From what I could find buy rate was somewhere between 00006 and 00024 depending on trim and length of term.

Then it is up to the moon if they went from .00024 to .0009

2 Likes

Not seeing any indication you channeled any righteous indignation into devouring all the information on this site… that you at least began to tackle where you went wrong.

Instead you’re asking everyone else to do that for you.

Which isn’t helping you learn anything at all.

1 Like

No snowy off ramps in Utah. Next time, post before you sign, hire a broker, or do your due diligence.

2 Likes