Porsche Taycan Pricing/Features Discussion

11 Likes

Thinking about it but used my last CVRP rebate on a bolt last month.

I’ll take one for $400 a month and $0 down. My DMs are open.

1 Like

But you’ll pay nearly 1.5x that for an m340?

2 Likes

Electric cars are experimental in my book.

Technically, they’ve been around 5 years longer than ICE cars.

9 Likes

You hardasses can’t take a joke sometimes. :man_facepalming:

Hey, I’m not the one paying $600 for that new fangled internal combustion tech.

4 Likes

Your loss. Best $600 per month I’ve spent on a car recently.

1 Like

We’re also joking man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

God this thing is going to destroy Model S sales. More cachet + genuinely superior vehicle.

2 Likes

But can it fart at pedestrians?

3 Likes

No but your farts automatically smell like roses if you’re a Porsche owner.

5 Likes

To the girl sitting next to you who you just met 30 minutes ago at 2am

2 Likes

Not more than Model3 destroyed them…wait to see what their truck will do to them. There is also a question of how many units Porsche will make. About time they have some real competition on the performance front.

but far lower range, and there’s still a ton of range anxiety for electrics. as far as driving experience goes, it’s not even close. porsche makes cars. tesla makes ipads on wheels. but tesla has the first mover advantage, a charging network, and a lot more range. that’s going to be tough to overcome.

1 Like

Is it though? I know the epa reported numbers are, but the real world numbers always seem much closer

the taycan gets max 230-240 miles on a full charge. tesla can break 400.

2 Likes

On the highway, really the only scenario where range really matters, Taycan and Model S have comparable range in the real world:

Tesla is much better at engineering their cars to the EPA test. The Model S Performance C&D tested was rated 326 miles EPA, while the Taycan Turbo S is only rated at 192 miles EPA. The published EPA test numbers are combined city/highway.

5 Likes

I wonder if they’re “better” at it or if they are just prioritizing it by making it a specific design requirement.