Porsche Macan Lease thoughts

What is the discount % from MSRP and what is the “platinum plus” package? That sounds like dealer add on crap. Get all the numbers from the dealer.

The only thing I can tell is that .00200 is the Porsche base MF, so that’s ok but ultimately doesn’t matter much if they’re giving you minimal discount with add-on’s.

People say this type of statement all the time here but it is so flawed…The payment on a lease for a car depends on down payment, lease duration, miles. If you put enough down, you can get to a $500 payment.

It is not flawed. We work off the effective payment. You can make a Macan payment in the 100’s if you put enough down, but it’s highly ill-advised to do so.

Always work off the effective monthly payment.

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance but what is “effective monthly payment“?

Take the full net capitalized cost after taxes/incentives/discounts/rent charge and divide that by the monthly loan term. That’s your effective monthly payment.

You’ll notice effective monthly payment is usually higher than the monthly payment people are usually quoted by dealerships because those numbers usually have due at signing.

2 Likes

Said another way. If you did zero due at signing what would your payment be. A lot of people just look at payment and cannot get their head around total cost of ownership/effective payment. Hence why dealers always quote with money down.

$0 das would actually skew your effective payment, as it’d be dividing the total lease costs by (n-1) periods rather than n.

More accurately, it’d be your monthly payment if you only paid first month’s at signing.

2 Likes

What he said. ^

What’s your 2017’s condition/specs? Lol

I don’t think its a good deal since it seems way too much for a base.

Unless for biz use.

2017 Base, Volcano Grey Metallic, Premium Plus Package, Porsche Connect Plus, Tow Hitch w/o tow ball, Navi, and 19” Wheels. It was $60,705 and I paid $55,000. I got a 9.39% discount. It currently has 20k miles. I’m very OCD about my vehicles, so it’s in very good condition. Why you wanna buy it? :slight_smile:

I need one! Where are you located and how much? KBB has a PP range of $32k-$37k.