Porsche Dealers Love Their Cars

lol. he was actually pretty professional in his response. nicer than i am to some of the bottomfeeders on this forum…

3 Likes

Porsche salespeople and managers are total ass*****, and I’m sorry to say. I think the reason is because the brand sells itself. I have never seen a company that has no deals or incentives on a monthly basis and also on most models the money factor is always jacked up.

1 Like

He has got a point, in this market he has no need to reduce the price, supply just keeps dropping, he might as well be patient. The VW comment is what makes him an ass though. You asked for a discount, he should just politely say he can’t do it, why add anything else?

I tried my local Porsche dealership twice, once to buy a cayanne for my father and the second to look at a taycan for myself. Both times I was prepared to pay msrp, both times I walked out of there frustrated before even talking about pricing.

4 Likes

:100:

While I would never expect them to accept that in this market, no matter how much inventory or how old it is, definitely would not categorize this as a bottom feeder offer. It’s not even invoice. I would’ve expected some thing to reset your price expectations like “these were going for MSRP before the shortages” however true it may or may not be.

If you came in at 10%, I would expect something like “you may be new to the brand but even in normal times that’s unheard of. But Audi makes fantastic cars here’s the contact information for a sales person there”. the VW turn was just rude.

6 Likes

At least he tried to keep it in the family.

2 Likes

1 Like

I don’t think most are aholes, but I think people run into more aholes at every luxury brand because the associates elevate themselves (earned or unearned) to that level even though a $20,000 Gucci item will empty their savings account if they have one.

2 Likes

I agree… YMMV at every dealer. I’ve had great experiences with Porsche dealerships at opposite ends of the country, and I was paying less than MSRP.

FWIW, the salesguy I dealt with 8 years ago is still there at his dealership, so they must be doing something right.

Maybe I should switch it up… anything attractive on the BMW 850’s?

1 Like

Because for 20+ years now dbags everywhere have been convincing themselves that negging is the best way to convince someone to do something…they actually don’t want to do.

It’s a douchy close but it works more often than you would think. I would do it all the time when I was at Jaguar Land Rover.

Example

“Oh, do you mind if I ask why are you asking for more discount? I gave you $1,000 off which is a fair market price considering the rarity of the vehicle. If the payment doesn’t work within your budget we can always explore lesser options such as a Velar or Evoque” (or tell them to explore Mercedes / Audi / BMW as they are less of a boutique brand)

Buyers would then make some defensive statement about being able to afford the car and it being what they want

Then I would ask if they can afford it why don’t they stomach the payment and get what they want

BAM Next thing you know they’re filling out a credit app

Easy

4 Likes

My guess is most the suckers that fell for that line probably couldn’t actually comfortably afford it…

1 Like

Your guess would be completely incorrect, those clients are easy flops. Generally the more money they had the harder they would grind (with exceptions of course). I would do my best to mirror the personality of the client, the hardest they pushed the harder I would slap them around and play games.

And it wasn’t a “line”, while there probably was a little more wiggle room in most cases but I had a large ego and would usually just walk the client and move onto the next without hesitation. Nothing felt better than walking a customer and pounding the next up on the car they wanted.

As my first sales manager told me on my first day in the business - “The ones you pound the hardest love you the most, and the mooches will never be happy.” Couldn’t be more true.

3 Likes

You might need to call around the country. I was able to get 8% off MSRP on a base model in April and someone else on the forum posted about 7% off on a 4S.

It’s not April anymore. The market is very different right now.

5 Likes

I am sure customers play games with salesman too. Read my post on another thread. The salesman wanted to actually fight me.

I push harder and play games with salesman that double talk.

We were doing more aggressive deals than that in April when we had 10+ RWDs available and almost as many 4Ss. Now we have a total of 5 new Taycans left for 2021. 3 of those are still many months away. No Porsche dealer will come close to those numbers now if they even want to discount.

3 Likes

You’re delusional if you think that the market is the same. Germany is caught between Taiwan and China in an argument over trading BT vaccines for Chips with Taiwan. There’s very much anti-german prejudice at home right now as they removed the word country and instead called TW property of China, and if you think this is going to be over soon, Q4 promises some relief but I don’t expect a return to a sense of normality till 2022. Check out my local ford dealer.

1 Like

ex Porsche collector here.
Past that phase, now drive Toyota. LOL
230316_1036402477974_3088_n