Porsche Dealers Love Their Cars

I have been looking for a Taycan 4S for the last couple of months. I have gone to all 3 dealerships in my city and have tried negotiating deals at all of them. None of the dealers have been willing to play ball at all. All three dealerships have stuck to MSRP minus the federal tax credit plus ridiculous dealer options and marked up money factors. The only accommodation I was able to get was one of the dealers offered a sales tax credit (I am in Texas).

The crazy part of all this is while all the dealerships talk about their lack of inventory and chip issues, almost 2 months later, two of the 3 dealerships have roughly the same
Number of units on their lots (over 15 each) and 3 of the 4 specific cars I was interested in are still sitting on the lot. I know the chip shortage is real, but I would think the lack of movement of their inventory at these prices would at least get them somewhat motivated to deal. None of the 3 dealerships have followed up with me since I walked out of the dealerships! Just unreal…

Well I have no more 4S for 2021. The shortage is real, and trust me there is no motivation for them to move right now.

2 Likes

I hear ya, but with one particular dealership sitting on 10 4S’s in stock along with another half dozen other trims you would think they would want to move some of them…

search forum one broker was doing 7% off

what kind of money factor are you seeing? Last quote for base taycan was .00285 almost 7% WTF

If you can afford a Porsche, you should have plenty of cash.

Between insurance, maintenance, visits to the track, tickets…it’s not a brand for the frugal!

One quote for a 4S was .0032 but he was giving me a sales tax credit (Texas) and it was msrp minus federal tax credit plus dealer add on’s. Second was at .00285 no tax credit same price as above. Both cars are still sitting at the dealerships almost 4 weeks later…

porsche is rolex, dude. they sell for msrp and up on cars that are in demand and have some element of scarcity to them.

4 Likes

I don’t blame them for sticking to msrp on the taycan. The competition is a model s, which can only be bought at msrp.

That being said the mf is ridiculous, even worse than tesla.

have you driven both of these? the only thing the model s and the taycan have in common is that theyre both electric. that’s where the comparison ends. one is actually a joy to drive. the other is an ipad on wheels.

2 Likes

Better drive or not, one of the main reasons the Taycan exists is because of the model s. The two get cross shopped all the time.

2 Likes

yes because theyre both electric. and that’s about it.

3 Likes

No, I haven’t driven either taycan only the tesla S. ipad on wheels is concerning :slight_smile: I went to porsche dealer the other day and I felt like an alien. The sales person or whatever is politically correct these days could care less about selling a car as I may have not been worthy to look or worse own one.

1 Like

This is the reason I gave up wanting a taycan. Charge me whatever, but not sure why they feel the need to treat people like crap. I have only been to my local Porsche dealership so my thoughts might be skewed, but seems like lots of people had the same issue at other dealerships.

1 Like

Maybe Costco will surprise us and announce member incentives on all Porsches tomorrow!!! LOL

1 Like

Fortunately you can head over to audi and get the taycan in a much better looking package

3 Likes

I hear you on the attitude of the Porsche sales guys and managers. The last offer I made was to lease it at base MF, 3% off msrp, take off the bs dealer options and give some tax credits. The response from the manager was “we are way off here… this is a car you have to want… if you won’t really want it then you shouldn’t be looking at one of these right now… if you want a deal you might be able to get one on a Volkswagen”. I honestly couldn’t believe his attitude….

I do agree that you can’t compare the way a Taycan and a Model S drives. Yes, they are both rocket ships off the line, but the Model S just doesn’t feel the way the Taycan does when driving and making turns…

4 Likes

lol. he was actually pretty professional in his response. nicer than i am to some of the bottomfeeders on this forum…

3 Likes

Porsche salespeople and managers are total ass*****, and I’m sorry to say. I think the reason is because the brand sells itself. I have never seen a company that has no deals or incentives on a monthly basis and also on most models the money factor is always jacked up.

1 Like

He has got a point, in this market he has no need to reduce the price, supply just keeps dropping, he might as well be patient. The VW comment is what makes him an ass though. You asked for a discount, he should just politely say he can’t do it, why add anything else?

I tried my local Porsche dealership twice, once to buy a cayanne for my father and the second to look at a taycan for myself. Both times I was prepared to pay msrp, both times I walked out of there frustrated before even talking about pricing.

4 Likes