Porsche 911 GT3 2022-2023 Thoughts?

Hey guys so been looking for a nice toy for some time been jumping around from GT63 Coupes to SLS to M8s and i finally landed at the 911 GT3. Price tag is most likely 250-300K. My question is does value hold up well on these cars? From an investment standpoint might look to hold for 3-5 years enjoy it and sell it would be the goal here.

great car, but wrong site for this.

7 Likes

Look at what 991 GT3 prices have done. Its going to depreciate a bit but youll be able to have fun for a bit of cash. Manual holds better than pdk.

Its going to be the most fun out of the cars you listed. Have a soft spot for used SLS coupes (hello gullwing), but transmissions can have issues. A used AMG GT/GTS does present a good value proposition, but depends what youre gonna do with it. Aston Vantage/DB11’s may be another consideration

You’ll be out taxes, registration and maintenance for 3-5 years min. I also doubt values will hold that far over MSRP for that long. Not to mention if you’re putting real mileage on it. You put buy/finance, so interest will be pretty brutal along that timeframe if you go that route.

Clean title secondhand/CPO 992 GT3 are on low end $40k over original sticker. Are they holding value now, yes. Have GT3’s depreciated in the past, yes…at a much slower pace than most sports cars. Values will be dependent on future economy.

For the price, $240k and up. I would be looking at a secondhand 991.2 GT3 RS.

Look into speccing a new 2025 V8 Vantage. Should start sub $200k. That car got substantial upgrades. Low $200k can get you a low mileage Ferrari Roma, with CPO and maintenance warranties.

You’re asking us to predict the future. We can’t lol. That being said GT3 allocations are basically gone so you gotta go used and you’re paying a premium over MSRP. If you can grab one at MSRP, it’s a no brainer. And just because it’s over MSRP today, doesn’t it’ll be over MSRP tomorrow. Look at TRX, they went from over MSRP to 10k+ off in less than 2 years

Will take a look at the aston martin from a pure driving experience i think the GT3 is on top though right?

Yeah was going used seem to be around the 250-300K price range.

Really a car i pull out maybe once to twice a month to enjoy. Take it around my city with the misses. I’m prepared to lose money obviously like with any other vehicle purchase but from the numbers i ran this makes the most sense… when all of this is said and done and i do eventually sell it in 3-5 years if i lost 1-2K per month I’m absolutely fine with that.

Don’t plan to put more then 10K miles on it over 3-5 years tbh. Im totally fine with losing 1-2K a month over 3-5 years with no issues for having the privilege to have this bad boy.

If you want an Aston, take $100k and just burn it. That is what your ownership experience will be like.

A 992 GT3 will probably depreciate a little once the 992.2 is released. But expect the .2 to have a much larger starting MSRP, which will prop up .1 values. Assuming a good build and not crazy miles, I don’t see .1s going below $25k over anytime soon. Should still be $50-$75k over for the next 2ish years.

Aston Martin is NOT EVEN close in terms of driving experience. If you can swing a 296 gtb that would be a similar driving experience

Yes Vantage is more of a GT car. Compared to other vehicles you had, it is more sports car like than them for sure. GT3 is a scalpel.

I don’t get the 296GTB hype(another $100k over used 992 GT3 prices), rather look for a CPO 488 or even better a NA V8 458.

The 458 is the one to buy. 80-85% of the performance with the best engine BY far

2 Likes

992.1 GT3 might depreciate from $50k over original sticker, to $40k over original sticker when .2 is released.

I hate how GT3 has become the flashy Instagram vehicle now, like how everyone now has a Submariner. GT vehicles used to be enthusiast vehicles and attainable.

992 GT3 prices are a little out of pocket right now. Similar money gets you into a low mileage 991.2 GT3 RS, better value.

2 Likes

Yep thinking the same thing where ownership really over a 2-3 year span would be peanuts. Since ill plan to bring it out once to twice a month. With all these 200K+ cars losing so much value in such a short time just been trying to enjoy my experience while losing the least and i think this is the car!

For 100K more prob to rich for my blood.

Manual or PDK? Manuals, especially manual Tourings, would be where I’d put my money (I’m biased as a 991.2 Touring owner, but I’d say that even if I wasn’t). If PDK then the RS comes into play.

From a purely “most likely to appreciate” perspective, however, suggest the 991 GT2 RS. You can find them for under MSRP (with miles) if you’re lucky, my money says we’re near bottom and these will be on their way to out of reach in 5+ years. We’ve seen this story before with the CGT, 997 RS 4.0, etc.

To drive I’d still take a manual GT3 most days, but on the right day that GT2 would be epic.

100% manual. Yeah looking for something to enjoy and drive while not losing 50% of my investment within 6 months. If i get a purely investment car id never drive it. Just stare it and wonder what if?