PORSCHE 2021 lease deal Help

I’ve been in negotiation with Porsche the last few days. Not sure what I’m doing, have never leased.
The MSRP they have listed was 5k more than the msrp was on Edmonds for that vin, is this normal? I offered a few thousand less than the msrp that I found, and changed the Mf to 0010 instead of their standard 0020.
They came back with 2k off their msrp,
Hear is what I offered, and their counter

My offer
2021 Porsche Cayenn
Stock #: PR5559, WP1AA2AY5MDA08853

MSRP $82,990
Sales price $78,682
60% RV
.001 MF
36/12k
$1,259/mo lease payment

Their counter:

You should read and understand Leasing 101 before trying to negotiate a lease. One major issue with your current negotiation is that you can’t get a MF lower than the buyrate MF.

Thanks for the reply.
I’ve read all of that, and compared to other manufacturers, porsche seems to have inflated their MF more than double of anyone else, so I just lowered it in my offer. I don’t know if that is their buyrate, I assumed they just increased their number.
Another question I had posted was the MSRP difference between the Vin on Edmonds and the one they listed. Why such a difference? The vin should already include options and add-ons yes?

Yea, that’s not how leasing works. No dealer will take your offer seriously if you just make up numbers.

I used the MSRP for that vin on Edmonds. Is this a made up number?

Yes, your MSRP of $82990 looks incorrect too.

Why not? How can you effectively negotiate if you don’t know where you’re trying to get to?

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

1 Like

Yes, I really did screw this up.

1 Like

That’s OK. Back off, start over, and go in to the next negotiation prepared.

4 Likes

hint: buy it, don’t lease it. you’ll pay off like 80% of the car in 3 years of lease payments.

3 Likes

That Cayenne is missing everything one would want in a Cayenne

2 Likes

How do you find the buyrate MF? All the calculators I have used have it pre-inputted for all Porsche at .0020. And your saying this is non-negotiable
I will start over thank you
Also their is no Incentives offered, I guess the market is that bad, worst time to buy/lease or what?

Step 3 from above

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option. The forums at Edmunds are where we go to get that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. You’ll want to post in the model specific thread for the vehicle you’re interested in and request the most current numbers for your zip code. It is often easiest to find that thread by searching Google for “Edmunds lease” followed by the model of vehicle you’re interested in.

It’s not an S model but it does have a nice package. No?

1 Like

Yes, I used Edmonds for this specific model in my area. MF of 0020 and RV 60

If you used Edmunds then the MF is correctly at .002. This is actually a little lower than I’ve seen it at in the past. I don’t know if the MF is inflated here so much as it is not subvened by the captive like it is on other brands (like BMW).

There simply isn’t great incentive to lease a Porsche and even less incentive for the dealer to significantly discount these cars.

Porsches are usually priced higher in a normal market, forget about it this one.

I do believe it’s better to purchase than lease this. Though… the cayenne does depreciate the most of all the porsches as a base trim. Maybe the panamera has it beat, actually…

No- leasing is really arcane and needs to be studied and practiced. Or use a broker. But it’s not you.

For going down the road and turning left and right, it will be fine. It is just very far away from what a Cayenne can be

I disagree with most. This is an ok deal for now on the Cayenne. If you have 3 kids, Uncle Joe’s monthly tax credit covers those payments.

Disclaimer. Not financial advise. Current transaction may result in massive negative equity after 39 months when values crash down to earth.

1 Like

Buy 2-3yr old or lease new. What good deals are there out there for something nice. BMW Porsche merc…
Anything good on the domestic side? Tahoe/Escalade?