Pools Of Leasehackr... And just about anything else

40 posts were split to a new topic: Miami vs LA debate

It was not about pools, if it ever was about pools.

We had ours redone a few years back with new lava rock, the waterfall, another skimmer, a Baja bench and full Pebbletec.

Money well spent.

2 Likes

real Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous vibes in here.

1 Like

There is nothing glamorous about pool maintenance, which is what I was really trying to discuss.

Pools are good investments. It’s costs about 2x to install a pool then just 5 years ago.

I don’t see how this is any different versus talking about an extra weekend car or a $130K EV.

Also, for years I’ve enjoyed $300 Intex pools from Walmart. A pool exists for every budget.

5 Likes

not really. pools aren’t that expensive considering the ROI as to enjoyment.

This man speaks the truth.

1 Like

We have multiple threads for people to show off their rides. No shame in a good pool pic. I’d love to see a “Houses of Leasehackr” thread

7 Likes

That 100% depends on climate. My parents spent 35k for a pool in Nj in 2001. The people that bought their house filled it in. It added no value to the house. If you live in a warm climate then you might say it’s worth it but still not cheap at all

2 Likes

I think it goes without saying that having a pool in a less than ideal year round climate is going to affect your ROI, etc.

We don’t have that problem…but even with that said, if you live at a little bit of elevation, no matter how warm it always is even in winter, in a 1 in 100 year storm:

8 Likes

We were actually planning to fill in our pool, but when the pandemic hit, we ended up using it every day. It started out as a salt water pool which is supposed to be lower maintenance, but the trade off is that you have soak everything in acid to get all the salt deposits off. After about six years, and a new heater and couple of chlorinators due to salt deposits, we just switched to manual chlorination, which is just checking and adding chlorine once or twice a week

5 Likes

Must be nice to have an extra $300.

1 Like

Ditto

5 Likes

Did mine last weekend… This was only a few hours after opening.

4 Likes

5 Likes

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

poolhackr…

5 Likes

1 Like

Clearly suffering from dehydration. Get the lady some water!

1 Like

Do you guys service your own pools or have weekly pool service?

DIY.

Pressure-side sweep on a dedicated pump and self-test water every few days for chemicals. Use the free test at Leslie’s every few weeks for the harder stuff to detect.

Keep your pH right and chlorine where it needs to be and you are 90% there. Easy stuff.

4 Likes

I have been taking care of mine for years. It’s actually very easy I got tired of paying services that never showed up. Changed it over to salt water, installed the salt water system myself. Buy a robot pool cleaner and do yourself a favor and buy one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Remington-Solar-Chlorine-Free-Shock-Purifier/dp/B00IIXKL6O

I know it seems like bullshit. I’ve had one for two years now it allows me to have barely any chlorine in the pool and I never have to brush it. I keep my chlorine at about .5-1 PPM and that’s in South Florida where things love to grow in the water.

I actually had my pump go out during the pandemic when I could not get a replacement due to supply constraints. All I had in the water was that thing, and it kept my pool pristine for 10 days.

Ion top of that I haven’t shocked my pool once since I got it.That little thing is a miracle. I tell everyone I know about it.

4 Likes