Poll: Your Preferred Marketplace Title Format

Could not agree more. Also think that the broker fee should be a line item on the Leasehackr Calculator that is factored into the total lease cost.

I think weā€™ve done a good job of figuring out what works after the new broker marketplace was implemented.

Letā€™s see:

• Weā€™ve all been good about not using the same emojis in our title
  • A lot of us now use Google Sheets
  • Most have been good about useless bumps and fake deals

I personally like looking at the other brokersā€™ highlighted dealsā€¦gives me a pulse on what the flavor of the month is.

Iā€™m also very bias with 425k views :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I donā€™t mind the current format at all.

In fact, I would prefer it. In my region, itā€™s like subscribing to certain ā€œchannelsā€ and being a little excited when there are new posts. [SoCalā€¦ IYKYK]

If we standardize everything, wouldnā€™t it take away from those one-off or month-long deals that are edits in their usual titles? (Boltmania, a crazy BMW loaner, new e-tron deals, etc. etc.)

On the same vein, with standardization, you are still allowing the broker/dealer the freedom to pick one deal for the title, but what if that deal changes with inventory? Sounds like a hassle. People could just use the goddamn search function properly and effect the same outcome as having a run of the mill deal listed.

Having 30+ threads of the same stylized text will look like matrix feed crossbred with our work emailsā€¦ arguably making it HARDER for clients to parse and recall which page they viewed deals on if they donā€™t remember to mark as favorite.

The brokers/dealers pay a fee to advertise here. They should have a semblance of freedom to advertise how they wish. Their accurate reflection of deals, prompt replies, and professionalism are realistically all clients require.

We let any old sap cruise on over here from Google to make the same exhausting posts about ā€œIs this a good deal?ā€ and share 20% of the necessary information. Often, we indulge newcomers with responses. The growth of inept posts seems to me that the Hacking 101 and Intro posts are going unread.

From unicorn deals to industry insiders, there are many hallmarks and great perks nestled in this community. If thereā€™s a vote to be had, it should not be about normalizing the image of the marketplace threads.

2 Likes

Yes! Some standardization is good but it should still allow for flexibility and unique advertisements. Some of these state-specific (i.e. EV) deals wonā€™t fit into the standard format. There will always be unicorns and one-offs.

There should be some room for expression in the post titles. If the broker wants to use their space to advertise BOLTMANIA or TOYOTATHON or CHARGE UP NJ REBATE deals, thatā€™s their prerogative. If they want to use their available space to list the prices on 4 cars, they should also have that option.

Titles should not be excessively long, should especially not contain misleading pricing, and should not be all clickbait w/no substance. If DAS or down payments are not in post titles, the post author should be required to roll in total cost except tax on a ā€œ0 DASā€ lease for ads, just to keep things simple. In an ideal world, the prices should be normalized, but content authors should not be completely stripped of their opportunity to express themselves.

If the titles contain no deal information and just a brand name/month, I fear that nobody would click on them.

1 Like

In my line of work if the justification ā€œbecause thatā€™s how weā€™ve always done itā€ is used, theyā€™ll politely show you the way out. Nothing wrong with trying to make things better! I always like to see what is hot each month so I think having something in the title indicating a strong offer on a specific vehicle you offer is fine, maybe indicate that you have demos as well as a lot of people look for these. However, putting monthly payments is very click-baity as is listing a one-off deal. As it is now, the marketplace is congested with excessively long titles.

The deals brokers post will speak for themselves so title should only be a minor concern in my opinion. If anyone is seriously looking for a brand/car theyā€™ll be able to find it, even if the title is ā€œBMWā€™s for saleā€. I would even say that grouping marketplace posts by brand (similar to how it is with region) isnā€™t a bad idea if there is a good way to implement this. For what itā€™s worth I think any and all deals should be listed assuming 10k miles minimum.

Lastly and slightly unrelated, the abrasive attitudes towards people posting for deal feedback or help should stop. More often than not these posts come from people with no clue about the leasing process, the market conditions, or how to navigate the forum. While you may be annoyed, the basis of this forum is to help others. If you canā€™t politely offer feedback or direction then donā€™t bother.

4 Likes

Probably should have DAS

As a buyer, Iā€™d rather see a shorter title with no specific deal in it. I donā€™t read them anyway really, I see the broker name/emojis, and know the brands and regions they deal with by now and end up going in when I see a new post.

1 Like

Tough callā€¦ noobs will definitely appreciate standardized titles while the ā€˜old-timersā€™ have got the current format figured out.

Agree with most of the points, would add that monthly payment most have everything rolled in , just 1st due at signing.
Most of the time brokers advertise a low price, but after you roll everything in, itā€™s most of the times a $100 more a month, and on Volvo or bmw itā€™s more like $200 a month more.

2 Likes

is this a legal vote?

:rofl::rofl::joy: gotta start somewhere

1 Like