Please Rate this deal on 2023 Audi Q5 Premium Plus 40 TFSI quattro

, ,

Still looks pretty bad to me

2 Likes

~$765/mo effective. These seem to be fairly easy to get a discount on, so Iā€™m not sure if $3,400 off of MSRP would be considered to be enough. Also, you received $500 less on trade value. Granted, the previous dealer definitely had additional padding to work with, so your trade value couldā€™ve been dressed up a bit more.

Enjoy the new ride!

Colorado is somewhat of an isolated market so the antics we get away with on the coasts and other hot markets with high vehicle turnover donā€™t play out the same.

Coincidentally thereā€™s a lot of older metal rolling around markets like these.

1 Like

True - we have 3 big dealers. I only managed to score this deal because I walked in at 3pm today (last day for month closing, and they were under their goal)

Discounts offered at other 2 dealers after hard negotiations were 1200 and 1300- and those were on Q5 40 Premium Model

The person I worked with showed me the employee offer they had after we had closed the deal - the Q5 Premium 40 with ~15% discount was offered to them at around 600$/m lease

1 Like

Ha, I was just playing Sherlock Holmes with the VIN to determine location. I would agree that he is in a less than ideal location for this vehicle. He would likely have to travel more than a couple hundred miles to really ā€œmaximizeā€ the deal.

OP - Iā€™d say you got a decent deal, considering it seems you kept it somewhat local (if this is THE vehicle you needed). Better deals are definitely to be had outside of your area. I canā€™t advise on the trade value without researching.

3 Likes

Colorado is bad. Arizona is not much better but at least Iā€™m closer to California. I only go to my local dealers if I want to test drive something but donā€™t even bother asking for quotes. Can you sell the Audi to one of your local dealers and still get the 1500 loyalty from another dealership? If that was an option maybe get your equity locally and ship from California.

2 Likes

For the Colorado market, it is a win. As @IAC references, this is an isolated market and we donā€™t have 15 Audi dealers within an hourā€™s drive. Since Iā€™ve been here, itā€™s been made clear that this isnā€™t the ideal market for getting a record breaking lease deal on a luxury vehicle (especially with currently inventory levels). Shipping a car from CA is a minimum $1k nowadays and creates another level complexity to any deal. Also, some people just donā€™t want to deal with that.

Yes, the dealer marked up the mf from .00232 to .00239 which added about $6 more / month. I know local stores that will mark up rates wayyyy beyond that; that doesnā€™t make it necessarily right but thatā€™s what often times happens at local Audi/BMW/Mercedes stores. Could he have gotten more for this trade? Possibly but heā€™s at the mercy of the Audi store offers locally. I could have given him more but it would have been negated by the fees Iā€™d be charged to buy it back from a local Audi store. Based on local trade-values that my clients have seen recently, trade values are quite low and with his 2019 Q5 being an Audi lease, he had limited outlets.

Also, where some of the suggested ā€œshould beā€ discounts is laughable. The laziness of folks comparing coastal broker deals to the middle of the country is astounding. Different markets. Different. Circumstances. Could you shoot for 13% off? Sure, why notā€¦ but youā€™re more likely to be laughed at and thrown out then have that deal accepted.

1 Like

I would always look at the best markets and use them as a benchmark net of shipping. Looking at this deal just the doc fee alone should cover the shipping cost. With a little bit of homework he could have probably sleep walked into (or in this case emailed) any CA dealership and got 8% off with base MF and $85 doc fee.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.