Please help with awful US bank

You need to read your contract first.

I’m pretty sure you can secure financing from a 3rd party to buy out the vehicle (for yourself) and pay them directly.

What if you were paying cash? You’re telling me they won’t let you write them a check for the buyout (plus sales tax)?

1 Like

Don’t tell them what your plan with it afterwards is. Just say you want to buy it out and you got financing approved through your local CU. See what they say.

Also, see what options are shown for your buyout on their website.

2 Likes

Ok. I’ll try that. Thank you.

Exactly! That’s what I was thinking- what if I hit the lottery, lol.

Transferring a lease is a separate thing from a buyout, dealers usually don’t know about it - but it’s useless for you as usbank doesn’t allow it during the last 13 months of a lease.

I sold my US Bank lease '21 Toyota Tacoma to an Autonation dealer in December. Did not lease/buy another vehicle with them. It was no problem.

They will let you pay cash. Plus tax your remaining payments and $8-900 early termination fee! Just found that one out too. That’s not in my contract. But I think they can do what they want. As long as it’s not in the contract that says no early buy out fee or something.

Is the dealer where you are trying to buy from a franchise new car dealer? If not, that could be why they “won’t give dealer payoff info.”

Yea they slid that $8-900 ET fee in there they wanna milk the cow as long as they can.

1 Like

2 Likes

OP … any updates?

1 Like

I guess no update lol … funny how a person can blow up a thread every 5 minutes one day then crickets the next.