Please help. Am I getting set up? VW

As I’m waiting for delivery of an Atlas with a deposit down for the following, I’ve tried pricing out additional dealers that have the actual car on the lot and many say that my deal is “unrealistic” and I’ll be offered different #s when I go in to sign.

Can someone confirm if these #s are that unrealistic? I have a lease order with the DAS and monthly. Emails confirming the VIN as well as the window sticker. The only thing I can think of is that the competing dealers are in another state and may not have the same incentives. I’m waiting on Edmunds to provide those #s to see if there’s any difference.

Is there anything else I can do to firm this deal up and prevent a headache when the car arrives?

Thanks

I can’t help with the specific numbers here, but my last four leases ha e been ones where other dealers have insisted that I was getting bait and switched or was full of crap. It sounds like you’ve done a decent amount of due diligence; just hold firm to your agreed numbers.

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance! I guess I just find it hard to believe that people go to work everyday with this type of ethic. Especially with all the tools out there, dealers still use these tactics?

My guess is that generally when they see deals like that, it is people getting bait and switched.

I’m hoping the incentive difference is also a party in this. I sent them the offer of 430. They come back saying the deal is “slightly off”, they can’t send me an offer via email and to call, but “they’re not far off”. Then they email me saying it’ll be mid 500s!

What model Atlas is it? The tech package had upwards of $4,250 of lease cash available so not that large of a discount.

If that’s the case, you are close to 8% off from a dealer discount which is very good.

Pretty confident that Douglass VW in Summit NJ would match this deal or even beat it as a buddy got something similar on a Atlas with Tech last month there.

It’s the SE tech R-Line. MSRP of 45,434. Selling price of 37,355. Per the calc it’s like 17.8% off MSRP? Yes there’s about $4100 in lease cash. So that’s on top of invoice right? Meaning if the invoice is $39k then technically the dealer has room of another 4100 to discount? Which means my offer isn’t “unrealistic”. Thanks. I’ll check out their inventory.

2 other Jersey dealers were the ones that countered me at 499 and mid 500s which is why I’m wondering if their incentives are different

Invoice on a $45,500 vw is much higher than $39k.

Is your $37550 number before or after incentives?

Are you confident in the $4,100 In lease cash? I would confirm via Edmunds as lease cash varies significantly for the Atlas by area and model.

Since the lease cash is coming from the manufacturer, you should remove that to a certain extend when negotiating what the dealer can do. An 8% dealer discount is reasonable if the lease cash is that high.

Here was the details of my buddies deal as a frame of reference:

Yes Edmunds reported $4125 lease cash.

$37550 with incentives.

Sorry you’re right. Invoice is $43,260. TMV was $39,383.

Do you mind sharing the dealer info. I see you mentioned the tristate which is where I’m from

Yes, Douglas as I mentioned.

Shoot sorry. Didn’t realize that was your post as well. Thanks!

1 Like