Pet Hackr? Dog Leasing

I know it’s not automotive
But you can LEASE a Dog?

How do they repo the dog? Pull up a flat bed, tie it to the winch and drive away with the owner chasing after you with the collar in hand?

1 Like

So sad for the poor dogs. They probably all came from puppy mills. Finance a dog-- really? Plenty of great dogs at a shelter for almost nothing. Peoples lack of financial sense never continues to amaze me.

1 Like

People are disgusting when it comes to animals. This doesn’t surprise me at all with our throw away instant gratification culture.

5 Likes

I would totally lease a pet and trade it in every 3 years. Who wants to be stuck with vet bills once they grow old!!
In fact a subscription model might be nice.

1 Like

yikes! hahaha

1. Training a puppy isn’t always a given. Personally I would pay more for a trained 6-12 month old (who perhaps didn’t want to be a service dog :service_dog:)

2. always get Pet Insurance (ask me about the $10k splenectomy one of my chocolate labs had while I was in DC, 36 hours after biting me)

Puppy rentals were a thing years ago for parties. A puppy/kitten lease is just a recipe for a neurotic pet.

It looks like a spike in pet defaults

Maybe they should have leased?

Not surprised… Massholes

1 Like

Is there any positive equity with these pets if returned?

No you’re pretty much considered a stain on humanity at that point.

1 Like

Both of my dogs growing up were trained seeing eye dogs that failed the testing. The first one was a Golden who was so hyper that i can only imagine a vision impaired individual being dragged down the street behind him. The other was a black lab golden mix - he also failed DEA and TSA training, too. He had a motivation problem. Lol.

Both were amazing dogs and very well trained.

1 Like

Exactly. Rosie’s breeding chart is 3+ generations of champion service dog parents (her dog dna test is hilarious, she is 100,000% Labrador), I think her entire litter career-changed, all for different reasons. She is absolutely the best-behaved pet I ever met, but she is wayyy too sassy to be a service dog. She would just look at you like :eyes::roll_eyes::service_dog:. I don’t know if I could train a puppy after having the VIP, white-glove, puppy training experience.