Pending deal: 2019 VW Atlas SE w/tech 4motion for $409/mo incl 6% tax and $1291 due at signing, 36/15k

Pending deal I have for my brother, whose wife is insistent on getting the Atlas, due to the large interior space with captains chairs and a 3rd row. I’ve tried to convince her otherwise, but I finally think I found a deal worth getting.

Even the Traverse and Buick deals in Detroit with GM discounts are over $450 with all rebates for similar equipment (leather, AWD, captains chairs, etc).

We are in Michigan, but the deal is in the Cleveland area. The local Detroit dealers won’t drop below $430/mo for the same model.

2019 VW Atlas SE w/Tech package, 4motion
MSRP: $42,859
Monthly Payment: $409
Drive-Off Amount: $1,291
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 15k
MF: 0.00151
Residual: 55%
Incentives: $4,250
Region: Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 8.7 years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volkswagen&miles=15000&msd=0&msrp=42859&sales_price=37903&months=36&mf=.00151&dp=0&dealer_fee=250&acq_fee=675&taxed_inc=4250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=55&reg_fee=360&sales_tax=6&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

What was the selling price?

Check the calculator link

2019 Highlander can be picked with 2nd row captain seats, comes with a 3rd row and has a bit more of an upscale feel IMHO for the same if not less money. You may want to show your brother and his wife one of them before they sign.

I actually think the 2019 Explorer is nicer than either Atlas or Highlander, but she won’t change her mind. At this point this is the best deal I’ve come across in past few months.

I find the Atlas or Explorer to be 10% more high end than the highlander.

Each by his own, it’s always a compromise. I personally find the plastic VW uses on their dash, especially the lower part to be atrocious, same for the “leather”. Explorer is very nice inside and drives great but it is far more cramped in 2nd row.