[Pending (again)] Lease Transfer: 2015 Lexus IS350 F Sport 36/12k $410/mo (SoCal)

Hi there! Here’s my beautiful 2015 Lexus IS350 F Sport, Nebula Gray on Rioja Red. Right at 23460 miles at the time of listing which gives you more than 1100 miles per month for the remainder of the lease. Always garage-kept, non smoker, no pets. Asking for $250 upfront as new brakes were just installed by Lexus to help offset the cost. Amazing machine to drive around with different drive modes and Lexus LFA digital gauges for that wow factor! Comes with Navi/Mark Levinson sound, heated/cooled seats, blind spot, plus other features. Need to get rid of the car since I’ll be working from home a lot more now. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Looking for $250 down
Monthly is $410 w/ tax
MSRP was just above $49k at time of lease
Lease ends July 3, 2018

Buyer backed out, so this is back on the market!

Lease satisfies the 1% rule but anybody looking into this should be aware of the following:

Lexus/Toyota Financial are among the longest to transfer a lease, takes 1-2 months and you won’t even get an update as of the progress. That means you’re looking at a September-ish time of transfer if you were to do it now. Meaning 10 mo left on the lease but you can most likely extend 6 mo at same rate as Lexus allows it (at least they currently allow it, one would have to inquire).

Whoever takes it over will prob need to get another set of tires to satisfy lease-end inspection (prob has expensive runflat tires) and will have to pay disposition fee of i believe $350-$400 unless you get another Lexus.

If someone decides to extend 6 mo, better make sure it’s still under warranty or it’s not worth the risk exposure.

Not trying to sh*t on this, I actually think it’s a decent payment for an IS350 without MSDs just making people aware who might be considering it of the costs they might look at down the road.

Hi @305Hackr,

I appreciate your feedback on this listing as I know you’re well respected around here. Just my $0.02 on your points as I think you bring up fair concerns:

1 - I was in the middle of the process with the previous buyer, and by the end of week 2 he had already submitted his credit application to Lexus and was having the next set of paperwork sent to him. Obviously this won’t always be the case, but I’d like to think that we were progressing at a decent speed. I think your estimate of September is fair, but for someone needing a short term lease, this has more than enough miles on it to cover volume driving for the next year.

2 - I actually just had the car inspected by a local Lexus dealer (new vehicle inspection) and everything, including tires, brakes, and battery all checked out Green or in perfect condition. I do have the paperwork to prove this and can provide that upon request. Not runflat tires (to my knowledge), as it has a full size spare that’s never been used. Car has always been serviced at a Lexus dealer and always garaged, non smoker, no kids, no pets, no food. Yes, the lease end disposition fee will be there, but that will be the case with any lease takeover.

3 - I can follow up on the warranty with anyone that is interested in the IS. Off the top of my head, I’m not sure what the warranty is like after lease-end, as I didn’t have any plans to keep the vehicle past the 36 months.

Appreciate the feedback, and if anyone has any other questions, I’d be more than willing to provide answers, info, or pics.

Thanks!

@viper689

This car is def the right car for many people. Payment is good, short term etc.
Of course i don’t know the specifics on your car, I was just calling out some things to consider.

As far as tires are concerned, if they’re not runflats, the better because they are expensive and the finance company loves to have those replaced at the owner’s expense. Chances are new tires will be needed but if they’re not runflats one can go on CL and get a set of used tires with just enough rubber on them to satisfy the inspector (i’ve done this many times and wrote about this in length on this forum).

Regarding dispo fee, i agree that comes with any lease, it’s just a matter of keeping it in mind as an overall lease cost. Lexus dispo fee is relatively acceptable and if one was to extend the lease it would make more sense to spread that cost over longer car ownership.

Warranty is unlikely to be past 36 mo. If i was personally going to take over this car i’d do it with the intention of keeping it longer than July 2018 due to the payment and to spread the cost of acquiring, maintaining and dispo fee over more months. I can also make the case that Lexus cars are relatively well built and shouldn’t really have any major issues during the extra 6 mo of leasing and that it would be an acceptable risk/reward gamble. It’s up to the individual’s risk appetite.

Good luck, It’s a nice looking car, good payment and a great car for the right person.

BTW…love the red seats…never had a car with red seats and always wanted one!

1 Like

Standard warranty for Lexus is 4yr/50k miles.

1 Like

@Jon if that’s the case, then even better…less worry to do the lease extension and then this lease is even more attractive.

1 Like

Pending transfer! Hopefully this time it sticks :slight_smile:

@viper689 did the transfer go through?

@Daz23

Transfer process is still ongoing and the buyer has submitted his credit app. If you’re interested, I can let you know if anything falls apart.

Im interested if it falls through. 800 Fico scores need short term lease.

Thanks @viper689 please do let me know if things don’t work out.