Paying too much for Insurance? Insurance Agent/Broker in the Northeast - Free Quotes, No Fees

, , , ,

NOTICE: DO NOT SHARE PRIVATE INFORMATION IN THE THREAD (from @senwia).

Hi Leasehackrs,

I believe that there are no insurance agents/brokers on the forum now, and I’d like to introduce a no obligation, no pressure service to our forum members and other lease brokers here. Whether you need a policy to take your new car, or to just shop your current rates, I’ll do my best to help out everyone in need.

We currently do not charge broker fees for personal insurance, including auto!

We have a variety of insurance carriers for your vehicles which include and is not limited to -
Chubb, Travelers, Safeco, Kemper, Utica National, Plymouth Rock, Mapfre, Progressive, National General

IF you are in NY (Especially 5 Boroughs) - Kemper is currently a huge success with rates, they are frequently beating out GEICO which is a rarity in NY - however you do need a spotless record!

I would only require a few things, and will not tolerate others:

• COPY OF CURRENT POLICY WHICH SHOWS ALL ACTIVE DRIVERS AND VINS WITH CURRENT COVERAGES
  • COPY OF ALL DRIVER LICENSES IN HOUSEHOLD
  • I DO NOT WRITE MINIMUM COVERAGE LIMITS
  • I AM OPERATING FROM MONDAY - FRIDAY FROM 9AM TO 6PM
  • I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANY MISREPRESENTATION OF INFORMATION!!
    E.G. DRIVERS BEING PURPOSELY OMITTED, ACCIDENTS/TICKETS BEING PURPOSELY OMITTED, WE CAN AND WE WILL VERIFY ALL THIS INFORMATION ANYWAYS, DON’T BE THAT GUY.
  • AND NO, IF YOU LIVE IN QUEENS AND TELL ME YOU GARAGE IT IN BUFFALO, I WILL NOT BE THAT AGENT WHO DOES THAT FOR YOU - PLEASE FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO COMMIT FRAUD WITH.

If anyone has any questions, or any concerns that they need to speak to someone with in regards to anything insurance/business related, please reach out to me by PM and we can get the ball rolling immediately.

2 Likes

That’s all you require? No DNA sample or blood test? You are coming off as very aggressive and not someone most people would want to do business with. Why would I want to send you all that information when I can get a quote online from any insurance in 3 minutes without the hassle of scanning and emailing my drivers license and printing out my current policy.

10 Likes

Do insurance brokers have lower rates than the online quote engines or is that just a urban myth?

Insurance brokers typically have access to more information (MVR/CLUE) and will get you more ACCURATE pricing, online quote engines will wildly vary due to misinformation being given by the person inputting information. The rates don’t change as they’re filed with the state, discounts available to you that the agent will know about and you won’t know about can also be a driving factor.

1 Like

Sure, you can see it as aggressive, but I have my ass to cover, my companies ass to cover and it will be an E&O issue if I am not diligent about receiving proper information. There are too many agents/brokers getting burned by clients not disclosing proper information that I am not willing to take on that risk.

It’s simple, be open with me and I will be open with you - even if that means I have to tell you to go to a competitor cause my rates aren’t good enough.

1 Like

Services limited to northeast only?

Unfortunately for now, yes - I am only one man :sweat_smile:

I am not saying anything you said was wrong. I am saying you are going about it in a way that is not conducive to earning new business. I understand there are crooks out there and people getting burned. That happens in every business, and you should be diligent about it. Every broker on here gets a ton of people wasting their time, it happens. You don’t see posts here for leases that list a litany of rules and caveats. You earn someones business and then before you close the deal you do your due diligence. If you aren’t comfortable with the deal you don’t do it.

6 Likes

Well said…this comes off as more abrasive and demanding than the soup nazi from Seinfeld…

1 Like

I get where you are coming from, and understand the concerns that people on the other side of the table would have about me asking for too much. It may seem like a lot to ask for to begin with and yes I can 100% agree with that, however this is the way I will choose to operate to protect myself, and it does not mean in anyway that I am closed for any discussions prior to the information being sent over.

That’s fair and that is 100% your prerogative. I wish you well.

Thanks for the well wishes!

I’m off this week and available to give quotes all week! If anyone wants to inquire about their prices or discuss insurance, send me a PM!

If you have a company or a website post that also. People might want to search and check reviews. Also it would make people feel more comfortable before giving a lot of information. Good luck.

1 Like

I’ll take your point about the tone, but I can’t imagine the kind of shim-sham people try with insurance brokers and insurance companies. I was test driving cars 2 weeks ago at a dealer and overhead the salesperson trying to suss out whether it was a straw deal or not. Too much fraud everywhere.

To his point: you can go online to GEICO, and Progressive, and Farmers…each website and enter all of your limits and try to get an apples to apples to quote (hard and I know all my limits). There are a couple services now that cross compare, but only a handful a sites. There isn’t one website last I checked that will check, say, 10+ companies for rates. And some variation state to state.

AND to his point, once you get the “website guess” quote, still needs to pull your CLUE report and MVA for actual underwriting. When I’ve done this company-by-company, the loop goes like:

• website: click, enter stuff, next, enter stuff, next, enter stuff, click click click click next, next…
  • price (yay!)
  • call up, ask them to pull everything and get the REAL quote
  • consider the variance (sometimes very small, sometimes not)
  • repeat for each

When you hit one of those sites that checks, say, 5 companies, but not the 2 big ones you care about, similar (plus above for the ones you want to check)

Broker can get you the actual quote without checking all the sites yourself and calling. I do this every couple years, it’s a PITA, and I’m usually only between a couple companies (one has auto and one has everything else, and I’ll check to see if combining with either makes sense, so just 2 phone calls b/c they have my info already, still takes too long). When I’ve moved states and start over, it can (like lease shopping) take AS MANY hours as you want to let it. So not lower rates, but saves time IMO.

That said…

I would send everything he asked to an insurance broker who had a website, I could find in a state database showing their license, and maybe some yelp reviews. Not just, “Hi I’m a Nigerian Prince and I’m here to help.”

So show us some social proof, and maybe those folks in the other thread shopping insurance might reach out to you.

Aside: anyone who hasn’t pulled and cleaned up their CLUE report should. After you review and cleanup your credit score (which some insurance uses for rating), and before you review and cleanup your Lexis/Nexis master file (which many credit bureaus use for second-level verification, and frequently get cross-linked).

Agreed and I mentioned that in one of my other posts. On the other hand there are a ton of shady brokers out there that all they care about is selling the most product.

I use a broker for home owners. In Florida homeowners insurance is a world of it’s own. My broker has never been able to get me a better deal for car insurance than I was able to get online. If you don’t lie to the questions they ask in the online application the quote will be accurate. In 10 years of buying insurance this way I have never had the quote given online differ from my actual rate.

My main point wasn’t don’t use brokers. It was good luck getting business from people when that is how you are trying to do it.

Both of you make very good points, yes I am being harsh in my initial postings, however I am trying to weed out people who are just going to jerk me around and try to insure things improperly or fraudulently or just straight up waste time. I am not an agency owner and insuring crap business or wasting hours in the day will not look good for me as an employee. As I hope most can see, I am fairly reasonable and understanding to deal with and speak to.

It is also very far and few between that people are able to correctly go online and get an accurate quote for their car insurance, and you have even more people upset that the insurance company “screwed” them over once their insurance goes up using “bait and switch” tactics because they did not give proper information to begin with or failed to provide proper accident/ticket details.

Some people go their whole lives without a broker because they are comfortable doing it on their own, and some people rather have it looked at by a broker, both of which is fine and boils down to preference.

I am unwilling to share my license information publicly in the open - as it does have all my personal information listed by the NYS DFS. However, our website can be found online at

1 Like

Josh helped me secure a great insurance rate – much better than anything I was able to find – He was very responsive and helpful thought the process even while on vacation.

I highly recommend giving Josh a shot especially if your in a high insurance rate market such as NYC.

The process was smooth and efficient

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the positive words and you were a great pleasure to work with!

1 Like

Looking to be a slow day today, who need’s help on their insurance?! :smile: