Pallisade/Telluride vs the world

Sneaky hobbits:). Except, that’s not the question here is it. I don’t try to prove to anyone that even though it’s a gimmicky overpriced piece of crap everyone needs to agree that it’s a greatest thing in the world with no equals.

See what I did there :slight_smile:

To me - MDX is a gimmicky overpriced piece of crap that you drove for years. But I’m not gonna have 170 posts discussion about it.

2 Likes

I’m sure the Palisade is not your father’s Hyundai.

And again a swing and a miss, we already established that I don’t care about the mdx, and I don’t care if people drive Palisade, but don’t try to prove that it’s the greatest thing in the world with no rivals and now apparently it leases well on top of everything.

The mdx was full of gimmicks and bad decisions, like that dumb ass infotainment, transmission that had no business existing, navigation that refused to acknowledge some interstates and if I could figure out a way to get out of it without losing thousands of dollars I would have.

So while I appreciate you trying to do whatever you are trying to do, it has no relevance or bearing on a thread that’s already ridiculously off the rails.

1 Like

So we’re only missing an underwater Traverse and a $900 GLE in this Ballad of KIA.

I don’t know what Sand Hill VC funded that thought experiment, but it’s not this website.

Kia and Hyundai’s “copy the best” design language hit a home run with both of these monsters. I will never need nor own a 3 row hauler, but theirs are currently the best in the segment. They don’t lease well, but little in that segment does. Something will come along and knock them out, but nobody has done innovating in the past year, they’re all struggling to keep running. :man_shrugging:t2:

And if you got in early on Pallurides, you can sell your lease for a profit and get another one. I am trying to invent an EFT that invests in sticker price Pallurides and sells for over MSRP.

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

175 posts in, we’re circling the drain on the same points. So I would like my cut for following this horror show to the bitter end. :tickets::performing_arts::man_juggling:t2::sleeping::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

8 Likes

Very valuable and clearly based on something? Opinion. Thank you for participation, and just like every single pro Hyundai person in here providing absolutely nothing to support your statement

Huh?!? Seriously Tesla grade Kool Aid in the Hyundai camp.

You know how Hyundai logo is two guys shaking hands but really one guy jerking the other off because arms don’t bend that way, thats exactly what Palisade fans seem to do to each other.

Here is the logo for reference

That’s a really funny reference to the logo. A silver Barry Wood, or two…

I do think the Telluride is the best in the segment but not really anything most people shopping premium brands would consider. I actually tried to convince my aunt and uncle to consider it and they went and checked one out. My aunt said she felt icky after leaving the dealer but thought the car was ok. Ended up getting them an xt6. Point is, just as you guys are arguing and all making points that make sense, you’re arguing over opinions. Chevy or Ford, Pepsi or Coke, etc.

Makes for good reading though.

2 Likes

Palisade/Telluride combo is the best quality SUV’s with the finest interior design and material choices in the current segment, bar none.

There is nothing sweeter.

Do not ask me for why I’m making sweeping generalizations online, I only wish to make my statements, believe I’m right, and ignore all others and never actually qualify my opinions.

6 Likes

Again you are just proving my point when you think you are refuting me. Is this discussion based on what you think I need in a car or what features I may use in the car? No we are discussing value and comparing what else I could get for the same price since you continue to maintain this car is such crap and not worth the money.

When I prove you wrong with an extensive list of features you claim they are gimmicks which is BS as I use the rear view cam every day, so much so when I drive my car I sometimes forget to check the blind spot because I’m used to looking at the camera. The other “BS” feature the power folding seats I use every weekend when my parents ride in the car with me.

The other features you claim “I don’t need”. Really? That is your argument. Thank you. There is now no doubt I have won this debate.

I don’t “need” any of the things we discuss in this forum. Hell, I don’t “need” a car at all.

So to summarize your argument. Every car that has less features and cost the same as the Palisade is actually better then the Palisade because A) the Palisade is crap and B) the features it has are gimmicky and/or I don’t “need” them.

The cogency of this argument is off the charts!

Consumer Reports wrote it, so it must be right, though…

1 Like

You don’t “win” anything just because you said so.

So far:

• Why do you need self leveling suspension as you are listing it as a must have feature? Response: crickets. And by the way we’ve also already established that the auto leveling on this car is the lowest form of the technology and is basically fake. Is this what you can’t live without?
  • power folding 3rd row seats. Every review online is saying it’s too slow and manual versions work just as well and faster. Is this a your make or break feature? Because we are not debating the presence of the 3rd row, we are debating whether the power fold is a a mandatory feature.

Thank you for proving my point on this “feature”. You are basically saying that when you will wind up in any other car you will become a dangerous driver as you are now relying on a crappy and unproven driver aid.

The rest of your extensive feature list is very common and not as complicated as you think it is.

It is hilarious that when asked to explain if any of the features listed are not being used, your response is a pissy tirade about how you’ve won. 4 days ago Pallisade/Telluride vs the world - #8 by njc and you are following that statement completely. No explanation, no sense, just foaming at the mouth “mah car is awesome because I said so”.

So to summarize MY argument since you clearly can’t do it properly. Every car that has all the features that anyone will ever use, cost much less than Palisade, have better fit, finish, drivetrain, etc…

And to re-iterate, you have provided 2 mandatory features: the blinker cam, and power folding seat as the make or break features that locks you into Palisade, which I will agree, if that’s your “mandatory feature set”, you are pretty much stuck with a single trim of a single car, however, I will also maintain that those 2 features are nowhere near important enough to 99.99999% of people to dismiss all other cars on the road.

Drama Popcorn GIF

6 Likes

It’s not meant to be funny, the Hyundai logo is a representation of a customer and salesperson shaking hands both seemingly happy with a deal. Which seems a long way from how Hyundai dealerships actually work, but meh. At least that’s the explanation for their logo change in the 90s, and definately has nothing to do with ripping off Honda. No really, truly, it has deep meaning and not just a Toyota oval with Honda “H” in Italics in it.

You know, just like this was entirely unintentional

Question dodging is a rhetorical technique involving the intentional avoidance of answering a question. This may occur when the person questioned either does not know the answer and wants to avoid embarrassment, or when the person is being interrogated or questioned in debate, and wants to avoid giving a direct response.

So stop doing it and answer any of the questions presented to you maybe?

Did you just respond with “I Know you are but what am I”?

@trusted_hackrs I think the time has come to close this thread.

This has devolved to the point of no return.