Palisade SE lease offer

Got a lease for 2021 Palisade SE 36 months 10k
0 down ( need to pay 1st month)
$ 562 a month

Texas

Good or not ?

You’re going to have to provide a lot more info than that if you want some meaningful input.

2 Likes

The Palisade leases like hot garbage so I’m going to say no.

That’s probably par for the course on that car, though.

2 Likes

Well this is what dealer offers me as the best deal they can do, I either say yes or no. Msrp of the car is around 34000

Why do you say that?

I’m paying $50/month less for a 36/12 on my $41k msrp SEL with every option.

The SE also is a poor value. You get a lot of features for very little money by stepping up to a base SEL.

1 Like

For several reasons. They’re not discounting cars, there’s very little factory support in the form of lease cash, rebates, or incentives, and the money factor is super high.

But pretty much every deal I’ve seen on the Palisade lately is in the $500s (which is absurd, but I guess that’s the target price based on limited data)

1 Like

You should definitely say no.

1 Like

There are dealers out there that are.

Yeah, I haven’t really looked at them so I know you’d know better than I. But based on very limited research it seems like most dealers aren’t having to lift a finger to move these cars, which is resulting in some pretty fat payments (like OP’s).

There are plenty of these going for 7-10% pre-incentive, especially if we are talking 2020s that aren’t limiteds. Very few are advertising discounts though and most people just ask the dealer how much the dealer wants them to pay, so they get high numbers.

1 Like

OP, there’s your number. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, it’s actually a SEL model with maroon of 36000

Op you still need to understand all the pieces including the MF being applied to your quotes. You’re in Texas so have taxes working against you. Others can chime in on the availability of tax credits on these.

We don’t even know if the lease is based on 1.25% tax on the vehicle’s value or 6.25%…

3 Likes

I just cannot believe people are paying $500-600 for a $36,000 car. Why not just finance it at that point and take a few grand home in 4-5 years.

1 Like

They’re definitely out there.

Enough people watched Cupcake Wars to keep it going for nine seasons.

2 Likes

This is such an overhyped vehicle. People paying way tooooo much to lease a Hyundai

Getting an offer from a dealer for 2021 Palisade SEL.

Exact words from a dealer :

“If I could get you down down to 442.83 with 1500 down on a 36 month 10k mile lease and I will include lease wear care to help you out and all your maintenance if free for the 3yr 36k miles. Could I earn your business tonight?“

All Palisades have free maintenance for 3 years/36k miles (which is nothing more than a few oil changes). I’m surprised he didn’t offer to include a full tank of gas AND even put air in the tires.