Palisade offer.. Crazy high MF

Just looking for some confirmation… I’m not particularly knowledge in any of this but learning….

Looking for a Palisade. Walked away from a pretty awful deal at dealer in NJ yesterday. Just curious if this is a bad deal period or whether in today’s economy normal and have to accept with shortage of new inventory etc

SEL palisade + premium package
44.8K MSRP
HYUNDAI appearance package - 1.5k
DOF - 3.5k
12k/36m
0.00215 MF (down from 0.003, we have great credit)
Total - just under 50k

Dealer would not budge on MF or appearance package… Walked away. I know this is a terrible deal, concerned this is everywhere right now…

What is the MF you got from Edmunds?

put the numbers in calculator.

How much is RV & MF on edmunds forum?

How much was payment?

I’ve just asked on Edmunds. Didn’t think of that, new to this…

I was using the calculator all along. Residual was like 56% at 27k… payment was in 760-780 pm range dependent on money down.

Might as well buy it.

Secure your own financing & buy it.

While you are waiting, strongly suggest you STOP talking to any dealers and (re)read through Leasing 101: going to the dealer without knowing the numbers is a great way to get taken to the cleaners.

Please read links in there such as “how to calculate payments” and other helpful articles.

It might seem like a lot but TBH there are fewer <60 minute exercises which will save you so much time, money and anxiety over your driving lifetime.

It may also save you (after your negotiations with LH input) inside the finance office where no one can from the internet can really help you.

Remember, it’s almost impossible to reverse-engineer the math starting from the output (monthly payment) and figure out if it’s a good deal. Start at the beginning.

Take a look at the deals offered on Rodo in NJ.

You should be able to do an MSRP deal with a MF closer to .0017 to .0019

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.