Pacifica Order or Wait

Hi Folks. Could use some advice. Went to order a '22 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle through a broker that I have used before. Went to order in June 2022 to get in before '23 price increases. My build came to 58067 total MSRP with destination on the manufacturer website. The broker’s dealer informed me that there was a price increase already for 22’s and the total was 60067. Numbers are before broker discounts / EV credit / any incentives. The broker said all is legit so I’m not accusing anyone of a hidden ADM here.
My question is this: Should I pull the trigger on this or wait for 2023s with an unknown price. Both broker and dealer say that 23’s will be even more expensive but hard to think that they will go up even more, or that if I order a 22 now it won’t just get bumped to '23 anyways.
Have others seen a difference between MSRP from dealer and MSRP from manufacturer website?

Have not decided to lease / finance / cash buy. Will decide once vehicle is at dealer and see the current programs / MF / interest rates.

Thank You

Interest is going up, so it will go up. Do you need the car now?

I’d like the car eventually. I could wait to order, I’m not in a pressing need.

Nice vehicle. I pulled the 2nd row seats out of my 2021 Limited (the seats on the hybrid don’t go down into the floor) and use it as a comfortable cargo van. Great on long trips and way better around town (40-50mpg vs 16-17mpg) than the gas only version. Good luck with it.

If the order banks are currently for 22s, then it will only be bumped to a 23 if something significant happens. I wouldn’t expect it to be a 23.

It also would not be a surprise at all if the 23s increase in price.

1 Like

I assume that Chrysler’s build page is like Jeep’s in that it is more of an inventory search tool for what is currently out there and is rarely a good indicator of what the msrp on builds are. It’s not surprising at all for the chrysler.com website to reflect a different MSRP than if you went to the dealer and ordered one.

Does MSRP / invoice price get locked in on Chrysler/ Jeep once an order is placed?

yes, sold order protection locks that in at time of order

1 Like

My Jeep order through this same broker was MSRP locked and insulated me from price increases that happened between order and delivery. My choice is pull the trigger now on the '22 or wait and gamble on a modest price increase on the '23 and have the greater equity / higher RV at time of eventual sale / buyout or inception of lease. I’m annoyed I didn’t order it in April / May and was shocked by the price increase at the very end of the model year run.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.