Owner’s Choice for Mini Cooper SE

I saw Mini just launched Mini Cooper SE. I went to Momentum MINI today (Houston area) and asked about doing owner’s choice. The sales rep says that they don’t do owner’s choice for Mini electric. I called BMW Financials and they say they do owner’s choice on Minis. Is the rep from Momentum MINI playing tricks on me?

If you have insights for doing Owner’s Choice on MINI electric, please share with me. Thanks in advanced.

I’d Call another Tx dealer and ask that question

1 Like

The Cooper SE is still VERY new and won’t even arrive at dealerships for 2-3 months, heck you can’t even build one on the website yet. So it’s highly likely that Mini just hasn’t ironed out all the details yet, much less finalized the leasing and financing options that will be available.

And the BMW Financial rep was correct, Mini does offer an Owner’s Choice option for TX residents, it’s clearly advertised on their website. Whether this will be an option on the SE is yet to be seen.

So no, I’d venture a guess that the sales rep wasn’t “playing tricks” on you but rather he just doesn’t have all the details yet (not surprising as many sales reps don’t have a clue when it comes to specific leasing and financing options).

As mentioned above, give a few other TX dealers a call and see if they have any more information.

Mini only built a small run of 2020s - only 200 - and most of them were pre-orders. There are currently about 30 for sale nationwide. A few 2021s have trickled in but once the plant was shutdown, supply stopped. Should be about 90-120 days or so before we start seeing more 2021s coming in.

Not sure about Owner’s Choice, but Mini is only leasing the SE in zero emissions states.

Thank you, all for the insights. Maybe it will be best for me to wait a few more months before continue my inquiry to MINI dealers about the SE. this will be a very attractive car for owner’s choice program. But financing one isn’t.

What are zero emission states? @TeddyMaj

How can you say that when you don’t even know the owner’s choice program numbers?

Weird actually mini isn’t available to lease, only finance. Unless it changed, last time I check their website only offers finance on it. Owners choice is available in Texas and Illinois only though.

California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

1 Like

I’ll have a look in a bit.

@Jon because TX is offering $2500 rebate for EV ad PHEV buyers. On top of that, $7500 federal govt tax credit. If you do owner’s choice for 2-3 years, I doubt the payment will be much more than $500/mo. This is a $30-35k car. All tax benefits considered, it is an affordable option.

Have you plugged it into a calculator to get an estimate? If there are no incentives and with conservative RV/MF estimates, it will be much higher than $500/mo when also including TX taxes.

I’ve heard from multiple sources that there are currently no leasing programs for the SE, but as others said I believe that has more to do with supply than anything else. Hoping for them to start up in the fall when they have inventory. If the numbers are even close to the i3, lease prices should be very good.

@Jon I have not.

This is why:

since MINI is not offering SE to lease, so there’s no OwnerChoice I assume.

Not seeing anything.

@BMW_AUS I am hoping BMW change its mind in 2021 when my current lease ends. But I don’t think Cooper SE has good value proposition if it’s bought outside of leased/owner’s choice program.

I just saw on Mini’s site that they are offering something called Selectric financing on the SE, but there are no details. Anybody know what it is? Sounds like a version of Mini Select.