Over the Federal EV Tax credit $300K Lease loophole?

Oh right.

I re-read your method. My bad

Why do you think you can flip this and make profit??? Have you seen latest MMR and auction numbers on Wranglers 4Xe??? You would be under really quick even with discounts and incentives

Rebate $11,500
First Responder $500
Dealer discount $3636
Purchase price $44979 THIS IS YOUR IMMEDIATE BUYOUT
Residual Value (64%) $38,795

• Lease Acquisition Fee $795
  • Capitalized Cost Increase-$5,304
  • Estimated Registration & Fees $415
  • Sales Tax $3,424

Monthly Payment

$671.01

1 Like

Stated above that he wasnā€™t looking to flip it which implies itā€™s a keeper.

Haha, I missed the NOT part :joy:

I think he needs to add all the fees also.

Negative equity, tax, etc

It definitely isnt, unless your lease has all of the fees and taxes paid upfront.

1 Like

Yeah, and this will have no benefit of that ā€œREBATEā€ incentives, will put the OP back to MSRP price after all, with taxes and fees and negative rolled in

No idea what this is supposed to mean.

Without the rebate the payoff is undoubtedly higher.

TTL is just a mathematical function of state law. In NJ this would be lower, in NY it would be higher.

If I had to put a number on your buyout as you claim with these numbersā€¦ somewhere in the ballpark of $55K-$56K or so. I could be wrong

I think he meant the negative equity and sales tax is going to wash out the incentives, which it does besides the EV credit.

1 Like

Exactly what he said, was meant as if you add everything up it is not really a good dealā€¦for the $11,500 incentive, maybe look into a Gas Wrangler instead-probably get better gas mileage too

Thanks!! At that price, itā€™s not worth leasing and buying back to only really save 5K from MSRP. I can get that on a cash deal.

This info really helps I am going to go for the gas-only option. Itā€™s 10K cheaper than the EV and it sounds like will hold its resale value over the EV.

1 Like

Yeah. Get the gas version.

EV looks good on paper but realistically, most of my clients/friends who got the 4xe by me. They donā€™t even charge them so defeats the purpose. Lol

They only get an extra 100 hp and 200 ft lbs for the same fuel economy. Nothing major. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Just something to mention, and if you already know, please ignore. In California you have to pay tax on the $7500 (7.75% in my area), so $7500 is closer to $7000 than actually $7500.

Is it a big deal? Maybe yes, probably no. But it is likely about 15 bucks a month if you roll it all in :slight_smile:

Yeah but if they donā€™t charge it, they donā€™t get the power from the battery then. Regular 2.0 then onlyā€¦

Nope, thats not how that works.

Must have a reserve then? Few people on FB groups said power isnā€™t really there once battery gone. I guess I just ran with it lol :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

The battery never really goes empty. When the dash says <1%, thereā€™s really a 15% reserve and if you draw it down much from there, it will quickly recharge it.

Most people making comments about the 4xe on FB donā€™t have the slightest clue what theyā€™re talking about.

1 Like

People like me on here donā€™t have a clue either :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face: