Outlander PHEV 2023 - acceptable terms?

Hello. I’m in Texas and considering an Outlander PHEV 2023. Got this lease offer for a top trim level (SEL+Premium), that comes with an incentive of $6816. Probably I can get $2.5K off MSRP as well.
How do you rate the terms of this lease (pic is attached). Other option is purchase (no incentive, 3.9% APR for 48 months). I was wondering if lease, then buy out in the following month would be a good option. Thank you.

Do you really want to saddle yourself with Mitsubishi levels of depreciation?

3 Likes

Yeah don’t buy this out. Leasing it… if you really like the car.

For similar money you could be in a Grand Cherokee 4xe, CX90 or a RAV4 Prime. Maybe worth shopping around a bit.

2 Likes

I’m not certain that what you’ve highlighted at the bottom was intended to correspond with your comments, but the buyout price in the mouse print is after you make all of the scheduled payments.

If you plan to do an immediate buyout, the number is going to be much higher.

2 Likes

I’m planning to keep the car for several years, so depreciation is not a big concern.

You’re paying an effective payment of $773/mo for this Mitsubishi?

3 Likes

Unless you’re planning to keep the car until it dies, depreciation should very much be your number one concern.

No. 2 should be whether Mitsubishi and its dealers remain alive in the US to provide warranty coverage and service.

1 Like

Probably a good bit better since these have TX tax credits currently.

2 Likes

Slam dunk over an Outlander for Texas lessees

1 Like

Wait, your getting a Mitsubishi. Not a Toyota, Not a Jeep A Mitsubishi,

1 Like

I hate to see all the bashing on Mitsubishi. they make a proven product that has been on sale in European Japan for 8 plus years with proven reliability. The old product, was getting a little long on the tooth and needed improvements in many ways. with the new partnership with Nissan, the interior looks miles better than the old one and they haven’t revised. but drivetrain which worked great already, so I don’t expect based on reviews I’ve seen on cars.com and Edmunds at these cars shouldn’t be great products for their owners. it’s kind of a similar situation where Mazda makes a good product even ranked top three by JD power, but they do suffer the dreaded depreciation issue. I hope that Mitsubishi can make inroads back to the US market and we test drove one and we’re very impressed by the new car. we currently own a Ford escape PHEV which is okay, but feels like more of a compliance car than a market leader. Plus, the size is always tricky for a family with one small child trying to lug all the soccer equipment and also pick up groceries on the way home. so I hope that Mitsubishi can get over there existing dealer networks because we really felt like we were being ripped off with all the hidden fees when we sat down to work out a lease on them. I hope some people can get a decent deal on a lease cuz I think if we can get these cars and not be just beaten up on the depreciation. they’re a decent and very fuel, efficient option as a bridge to bev cars of the future

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.