Orlando FL - 2020 Camry XSE Offer

New to forum, just got posting privileges, been reading like crazy but yet, I have more questions than answers.

I am in Orlando, Florida and yesterday I took my car in for service and was hounded by the sales team with offers on a new car. I was offered a 2020 Camry XSE with MSRP of $36,500 and a selling price of $32,500 which is about 11% reduction. I am not interested in buying but leasing sounds very attractive. I knew darn well I had no business leasing a car when I didn’t do any research at all on the car. I just checked the Toyota website and they really don’t have any obvious incentives that I could find. I guess my question is where should I start? I haven’t negotiated the price of a car in over 20 years but I think I am ready for that new car smell in my life. Okay, my real first question is, how much lower can I go on the selling price when the offer I got was totally unsolicited? I assume if that is their starting point there has to be more room to negotiate but I have no idea what data points I could use to negotiate a better deal. How much more room is there these days? From there, I can then start using all the great recommendations I have read on things like RV, MF, etc. to negotiate a lease deal. Pardon in advance if this is way too newbie for this forum.

Welcome! You should read up on the Leasing 101 articles and topics. If you’re looking for an easier path, reach out to @RockyStadiumToyota - maybe he can help you out.

Good luck