Ordered a 2020 Tesla Standard Range Plus MSRP $39,990

I have been approved for the $5,000 clean vehicle grant as well, however as of last week Tesla is not a participating dealer. I have read some threads where people have had to cancel their order. Do you know if something I don’t?

2 Likes

I’m guessing because the optics are so bad and they don’t need it to sell a few extra cars.

1 Like

I would have gone Bolt 1000%, especially given the OP’s 9 mile commute. Seems kind of ridiculous to get a Tesla for that.

2 Likes

Would have been cheaper for CA to just get OP an Uber to work everyday for the next 3 years.

2 Likes

We can ask an actual Model 3 owner that bought 2 years ago and they can tell you how many futures were added in these 2 years…and I’m not only talking games and dash lights…there were real performance improvements done by software…the reason i said its RV is high.

Not if your goal is electrification for everyone…and since when in CA looking for cheaper solutions?

3 Likes

what are you saying?

That it’s a nice morning today and I rather do something else?
Dude…”same” exact car…not a new one compared to an old one.

3 Likes

ok now I understand what you were trying to say. You could have just said “A model 3’s technology/performance improves with software updates”

2 Likes

moving to off ramp - This is a buy, not a lease.

7 Likes

Thanx-didn’t know where to start it…but it could be a lease after 3 years of use lol

1 Like

Maybe OP wanted a car that was fun to drive and constantly gets software updates to keep itself fresh? Sorry, but that’s just not something you get with a Bolt.

Example: Our Model X got an update last night that allows you to really adjust the suspension to your liking beyond just height and general feel. That’s just the tip of the iceberg over the last few months regarding updates.

8 Likes

True-but then again, nicer car that could potentially be boosted in performance with just a software update…

Misinformation-Tesla just got listed in their August update on the listed dealerships-previous lists didn’t have Tesla…also, Tesla has the grant listed as a potential incentive on their website…the rep that sent me a welcome/congrats e-mail from Tesla didn’t know about it as it is fairly new to them

Haha, they should’ve just purchased me a bicycle instead…heck, more exercise and saving the environment…
P.S. I still leave my toilet seat UP after I’m done peeing :sunglasses:

Yup-Tesla’s are like “Spaceships”-you build them once and just upgrade the software so they perform even better than before…and keep on using them till retirement :upside_down_face: :crossed_fingers: :upside_down_face:

That’s exactly why I decided on Tesla-as soon as I saw them listed on the CVAP grant list and I do love chevy’s (next will be a C8 Corvette-for a FUN ride, when I deem it appropriate to pull the trigger)

All in all-everyone’s points are valid, I just thought my situation at this time is more beneficial with buying the Tesla rather than leasing the BOLT and there shouldn’t even be any comparison between the two as they are very different and RV is different too-Used Bolt’s $17K vs Tesla $35K… now that’s not to state the fact that I would’ve had a FREE car for 3 years but you just gotta treat and value yourself.
I always tell my Employer’s “I don’t work for you, I work with you-for myself”

Keep the comments coming and If this thread and all it’s comments help someone make an informed decision for themselves-whether good or bad, we all contributed to that #together

3 Likes

One thing to keep in mind is that Tesla’s return policy doesn’t apply if you’ve already applied incentives at time of sale (i.e., CVAP grant).

Personally if I were in the position to receive CVAP, I’d buy a used Bolt or i3 and finance a small amount to have a viable vehicle that I could use for more than three years.

1 Like

Thanx for the heads up Michael-I don’t intend on returning it :call_me_hand:
Valid pointer there about buying used-i3 or Bolt

Thanx

1 Like

What is this Low Income rebate you guys speak of? Is this a only CA thing or does every state have this?

I feel like the west coast guys get ridiculous rebates on EV’s while us on the east coast get shafted…

Also, if your “low income” my take is that you shouldn’t even be driving a car, yet leasing a Tesla.

1 Like

BTW, I believe you can still get a $35,000 Model 3 Standard Range (plus $1,200 destination). Just have to order in person at a Tesla store or over the phone – not online.

It doesn’t come with Autopilot and charging is limited to 88% for 220 miles of range instead of 250 miles. But if that doesn’t matter to you, it’s a steal.

1 Like

Good value if you don’t care about Autopilot or the extra few miles of range. At $5K difference it was a no brainer but at $3K, the argument for the SR+ is more compelling. I think Tesla should drop the base SR to 33,8 (so it’s a true 35K pre-tax)

1 Like

Haha-here come 'nother one…

Yes-CA has the program-not so much to help the low income as to boost the energy independence from Oil (it is NOT Fossil Fuel BTW-that’s misleading)
“low income” for the CVAP for 1 person it is capped at $51,040 so It’s not that uncommon to see people splitting their rent and then can afford a nicer car…plus income at the “moment” has no merit if someone was wise enough to invest their previous earnings and earned a nice boost, you will never make that $$$ grow if traditional banks are used-ever seen as many banks in Beverly Hills as you may see in a poor neighborhood? That’s because the wealthy and informed use advisors and the poor are fed with misinformation through their banks :money_mouth_face:

I have no kids, no wife-living by myself, didn’t skip any of my rent or car payments while COVID-19 is going on, “cash is king”…

BTW-all the 'nay-sayers" about low income, using these programs etc… if you change your thought process you may realize that everyone pays for these with taxes-only a few may use them
Think of it as a car insurance-everyone has to pay their insurance premiums but you only use it if your car is damaged…
With that being said-by “your logic” if you have the money and can afford a new car you are not supposed to file a claim??? :sunglasses: :upside_down_face: :wink:

1 Like

After she suggested that I deposit the CVAP grant into my account-I explained to her that that’s not how the grant works and dealers are supposed to send signed purchase contract to CVAP and get ACH deposit…

This is the e-mail she sent:

"Hi Martin,
As this is a new grant, I’m not sure on the process at this moment although I will find out for you.
I will be out of the office the next few days and will follow up with you on Wednesday upon my return.

Thank you,"

If you click on incentives on Tesla’s website-it lists it there as CVAP $5,000