Ordered a 2020 Tesla Standard Range Plus MSRP $39,990

Don’t be Jello :money_mouth_face: I just started a new job two months ago-qualified for low income with IRS tax returns prior to this

Insurance can be purchased through Tesla Insurance or I add it to my Ameriprise through Costco Policy (no more than $120/mo)

exactly. Free car. Who can say i got a brand new car for free.

Not on the BOLT…March was the last month to claim $1875
NEXO or MIRAI I wouldn’t even think about purchasing-seen 2017’s sell for $17,000 that’s a huge RV drop from $60K

Yes, my last year’s income was too low-this year is gonna be higher but can’t claim as Tesla doesn’t get the credit anymore

Just because Apple and tesla are trading at continous new highs doesn’t mean that trade will last. I would not be surprised if they both dropped more than 25%.

3 Likes

Yes-that’s the lowest rate, I have some more debt due to COVID and no work so 4.89 isn’t too bad…agreed on the low cost

They also have rates as low as 1.39 if you use their car buying program

There are deals to be had-just search or talk to @ethanrs if he can help you

Agreed-I kinda calc’d the numbers and it makes sense even if I drive it for 3 yrs and after sale true cost turns out around $120/mo

I already purchased some Tesla stock :slight_smile:

I have never test driven any of my previously purchased cars, I tend to do lots of research online but never test drive-I just know I will like it :slight_smile:

Will wait for all the “hick ups” with the first models-then maybe

It would’ve been around $400/mo after all incentives applied-but you can’t purchase the Model 3 after lease end…

Crossed my mind-but I like the Black with White Interior better

When the 2021 Mirai comes along-I think the Rebates are limited to One EV but don’t apply to Fuel Cell vehicles (Don’t quote me on that though)

Hopefully less for AAPL and more… way more than 25% for TSLA.

2 Likes

I think you with the Free Bolt/ 120 a month Tesla and the guy with the 8k neggity on the Rogue and the boat are the two most popular guys on here …

5 Likes

Now here’s my theory-correct me if I’m wrong:

Tesla cost me tax/fees included $44,800-$11,500 free money (inclusive of Edison, CVRP, CVAP, EvGo card)=$33,300

Cheapest Used Tesla on Cars dot com is $37,000 within 500 miles of me, which is the same price as brand new one-now the market won’t hold that price but still even if I sell at $27-30K after 3yrs I still drove a nicer car than BOLT and it was almost FREE :slight_smile: but you know what they say-ALMOST doesn’t count hehe

2 Likes

Haha, CATCH me if you can…bruh :money_mouth_face: :call_me_hand: :sunglasses:

Haha

I think someone owes another DONATION here, for falsely predicting the future :money_mouth_face: :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Not a Tesla hater here, and actually love the model S, but I think with all the model 3s floating on the streets (some cities in SoCal I see more Model 3s than Corolla), “Tesla hold its value” may not be the case in couple years, assuming there will be lots of EVs in the market.

8 Likes

Even if the value drops 40% in 3 years, Sell for $24,000 still puts me at advantage…sorta!
After 3 years-Now I owe $12,200 and can sell it for $24,000 or even at 50% at $20,000 I can still recoup $8-12K back…in theory lol will see, Then it would be like I actually leased it for 3 years for cheaper…lets not jump to conclusions like @vhooloo suggests and revisit this thread 3 years from now-who knows, maybe I’ll even buy a BOAT to tow :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s more deflating. I bought last summer at around $230, and I felt so smart selling at $485 thinking it was getting overpriced.

5 Likes

Bolt for sure of the choices and payments offered. And I just swapped out of a Bolt with a nice payment to get a SR+ (White ext/black int), which should be here in 1-2 weeks. I have a 350 mile round trip drive I will doing for work pretty frequently, and there is a Tesla Supercharger smack dab in the middle. The Model 3 is a superior EV but the Bolt bang for the buck is hard to beat. Tesla trumps all with their supercharger network, but not everyone needs it.

3 Likes

This assumption is the problem. As an ev fan myself, i keep assuming this for years now and keep getting disappointed.
The other misconception is that Tesla is maintaining their value only by scarcity. Many don’t realize that a Tesla bought today is technologically inferior to the same car 2 year down the road. They can keep telling themselves that don’t affect the resale but i think the market has spoken.

2 Likes

Not jello :), Seriously you should grab every nickle you can with these programs. The looting in this country by the mega-wealthly is trillions so if a few dollars flows down to the little people grab what you can.
But you gotta admit a low (moderate) income program so people can by Tesla’s is not well thought out.

2 Likes

Agreed, that’s the reason why we flock on LH so we can figure out and get “the best deal” as to the “wealthy” have advisors to tell them in which offshore to “hide” their $$$ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I love it when some on LH scolded you for being witty and capable of tweaking the system in your favor, for once :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :upside_down_face: not like we committed a crime, just used the available programs that anyone can use-if they knew about it… lend a helping hand to a friend
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: :writing_hand: :raised_back_of_hand:

1 Like

What are you saying? That they do or do not maintain value? First sentence implies they maintain value well despite abundance, second and third that they depreciate fast.

Every new car has inferior technology to one 2-3 years from now, this has and always will be the case. That’s why a 3 year old car loses 40-50% it’s value despite having many usable years left. Tesla benefits from frequent software updates to improve the car and keep it more up to date.

3 Likes

Model 3 resale value will Very likely not be 27-30k in 3 years, 55% of msrp is closer to reality. Therefore hands down the Bolt, 44-11.5-22(resale value) plus interest is like ~12k for model 3 vs 3k profit for bolt.

You’re paying 15k extra for the model 3?? It doesn’t matter that you qualify for all these grants as they are equally applied to both. +3 and -12 is the same difference as -10 and -25, so terrible choice in my opinion. You said you’ll have the money despite qualifiying for program income limits from last year, but why give up those savings unless they mean very little to you

3 Likes