Options to exit Chrysler Capital lease

Hey all, I’m currently about 8 months in to my '18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport lease. My payment on the vehicle is $430/month. I paid various fees/tax at signing but nothing against the principal, I think it was close to 1.5 - 2k. Not a bad deal, certainly not a unicorn but I feel good about it. Here’s the catch, I can’t stand the car. I hate it so much I’ve only driven it 2,500 miles in 8 months. I know now that I should do 36 hour test drives as a lot of annoyances seem to appear into a few days of ownership. I’ll try not to make this is a review thread but the car has been in the shop several times and half the stuff I complain about they can’t seem to fix. For this reason I really want to get out of the car.

Now I’m turning the pros here, I feel like I’ve explored all of my options and would love some advice. I’ve spoken with FCA and they aren’t willing to help me get into a different Chrysler. I’ve looked at swap a lease and they can’t work with a Chrysler Capital lease as it can not be transferred (another learning lesson). Carvana is one option I’ve found that seems promising - Carvana will buy the car for 32k (30k on vroom) and my buyout is currently 35k - this is a big hit I’d really like to avoid taking. I’m also not certain Carvana will buy me out of my lease like I’d expect. These are the options I’ve explored, is there anything else I’m missing?

Your only option is Carvana / trading it in. There’s a great article on the main Leasehackr site about getting out of your lease. I’d read it because it outlines all potential options

1 Like

Thanks, found the article here for those curious. I hadn’t considered CarMax, I’ll see what they’re offering as well.