Optimizing SiriusXM Trial Subscription on Newly-Leased BMW

I had an offer on one of my Chase cards for $5 back on a $4.99/month SiriusXM Select plan.

Offer was good on any radio that doesn’t currently have service, so for $5/month (plus music royalty fee) I added SiriusXM service back to the car I’d recently canceled.

Looks like it’s going to run through my previous credits before the subscription fees ever hit a credit card, so I won’t get the $5 back from Chase.

Oh, well. I have service in this car again for ~$72 for the next 12 months. I’ve missed it.

I just renewed both vehicles for another year.

They applied the $4.99/month (+taxes/fees) rate I’ve been paying on my older vehicle to both that car and the BMW after the BMW trial expires.

I still had a credit of ~$73 remaining on the INFINITI subscription, which covered the next 12 months in its entirety, and still leaves a ~$3 credit toward the next renewal in 2021.

For the BMW, I paid for the full year upfront for my own convenience (I loathe recurring monthly charges). They’ll charge $72.84 to my credit card for this one-year subscription on 6/15/20.

Note that the $4.99/month plan is for Select, which includes streaming. The BMW trial is for All Access, which also includes Pandora stations and Howard Stern, neither of which have any value to me.

I figured you had a bazillion. I got the select for 4.99 but I got them to throw in a free echo (retail value 39.99)

1 Like

# Get 3 Months Of SiriusXM Streaming For $1, Plus Get A Free Echo Dot

Via chat I just renewed for another year at the same rate ($4.99 a month plus taxes and fees).

The total includes a small prorated refund for the 8 days left in the current subscription.

https://i.imgur.com/tbDOmyD.jpg

The purchase codes as streaming, so I’ll get 5% back ($3.84) for putting the purchase on my US Bank Cash+ card.

It’s since occurred to me that my Amex Blue Cash Preferred would have paid 6% on this purchase, so I left some money on the table.

If I had simply let this auto-renew, the cost for the coming year would have been $20.63 * 12 = $247.56.

https://i.imgur.com/MVLRMtR.jpg

1 Like

$0.77! How will you sleep tonight? :money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

One $0.77 mistake per day is more than $14,000 over 50 years, even before accounting for investment returns. :poodle:

1 Like

The rate we’re printing money 14k will be worth .77 in fifty years.

I had to call the other day to renew my subscription. I spoke to them a few weeks ago for my parents’ car, and they told me to call on the 4th. The guy was trying to tell me that I had an “active” subscription for $20.63 a month, but it literally “started” that day. He then said he would “give me” service for $12.99 per month. The conversation continued like this:

“I want the $5 per month for 12 months deal that I was told I could get and that is advertised.”

“How about $9.99 per month?”

$5 per month.

“I can give it to you for the low price of $8 per month, plus taxes and fees - a bargain!”

“I want the $5 a month deal and nothing else.”

“$7 per month?”

“No.”

“Okay, $5 per month for 12 months.”

They make this so incredibly difficult for no reason whatsoever! The worst is when they “bill” you at the $21 rate and they refuse to remove a month’s worth of charges, so your new plan is suddenly 30% more expensive but still much better than the regular rate.

2 Likes

That’s ultimately why I gave up taking advantage of this deal. I have let the Sirius subscription just expire on my last couple leases because I can’t bring myself call their sad boiler room anymore for that annual tango.

4 Likes

Chat makes it much easier and faster. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you have an Android phone, you can still get unlimited trials using the Sirius dealer app.