Opinion Wanted: Car for 12-months in TX

Circumstances:
Will be moving to Houston, TX in mid-July 2023 for a 12-month period, currently live in Boston, MA (if EV, should I lease a vehicle here to receive an incentive?)

I am, of course, just looking for opinions and will be happy to answer any questions asked. I know the range in pricing is large and I apologize, that is just the reality of my situation.

Companies that allow lease swapping w/o me remaining liable:
BMW (cannot transfer in last 6 months)
Porsche (cannot transfer in last 6 months)
Tesla (cannot transfer in last 12 months)

Other Options:
Buy a used classic car and finance?
Find a private lease transfer

I would prefer a coupe, but a 4-door is fine.

Do not believe I qualify for any incentives as I’m 25, not a recent graduate, and we have a Range Rover at the moment that we will keep.

Would like to keep it under 750/month. However, seeing as it is only 12 months would $350/mo for a Model 3 just be the smart move and put the fun options aside?

Edit: I will be moving to Europe after those 12 months, not staying in US. I would do a 24 or 36 month lease if I was to do a Tesla/BMW/Porsche and transfer it out after.

Find a lease transfer that ends in or can be extended to July 2024.

1 Like

There is no 12 month model 3 for $350.

I think OP’s plan is to lease one for 36 months, then transfer out of it when they no longer need it.

FYI to OP, Tesla Model 3 lease requires about 5500-7000k down to get to $350.

I just answer what they ask, not what they ‘may ask’ lol.

Tesla doesn’t have a 12 OR a true $350 / 0 for a 24 or 36

Yes, would be doing this and putting whatever amount ends up making the most sense financially down.

1 Like

i4 35e and transfer out of it down the way.

We have one available or can build.

Yes, just edited original post to reflect I would do a 24 or 36 month and attempt to transfer after.

I’m hoping this works out, timing/deals have yet to make sense for anything I have seen on here, swapalease, or leasetrader yet. Still looking to see if more come about closer to that July date.

1 Like

Honestly just go to Autonomy and rent one for $1000/m + $1000 (Or 800/2500) and end up with almost the same amount on a 12. ($13k). Less if you return it early

OR

Go to swapalease and get a M3 on it’s last 12 months.

1 Like

I’d recommend one of the bread-n-butter ICEV BMWs like an X3 or 330 etc depending on which has the better programs.

With an EV the OP is narrowing down the buyer universe by a lot. And I predict no one will touch an i4 at today’s payments by summer 2024. BMW will need an EQS-style fire sale to move them by then.

If OP had loyalty one of the volume models would definitely make the most sense.

This was my worry with an EV as well. I do like the look of the i4 over the Model 3 but then again they’re both EVs. Unfortunately, the EVs tend to have nicer interior tech as well and are part of the deals being offered through the dealership and MA tax rebate at the moment. That being said, I am all for an ICE vehicle.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.