Is it a good time to get a lease? NO! When will it get better? Nobody knows

yeah check my sheet

I see 2020 Hyundai Kona EV limited ( $43k msrp) for $199/m and Ultimate ( $47k msrp) for $259/m. NY registration.

Sell existing leases and bike to the grocery store ? Most people don’t have a spare car sitting around .

Kinda misleading price, if you enroll everything it’s over $300 a month

1 Like

Don’t apologize! I wasn’t talking about your quote per say. I know they axed loyalty which is $1500 right there. I was also told that incentives are worse.

2 Likes

It would be great if requests to review deals posted in Ask… had a poll like this by default:

Is this deal shit or garbage?
  • Shit
  • Garbage

0 voters

9 Likes

Hi Folks,

I have been in the market looking to lease an E350 or an M530. But wherever I go all I hear is “Low Inventory” or “Chips Shortage” or " Grab the deal that you are getting or the prices will increase"…etc.

Is it really this bad? what would be a good time to lease?

what is this?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s really bad.
Nobody knows when it will get better.
@MALI

You can read here, among other places:

2 Likes

I read an article about the chip shortage and the person in the article said the soonest things could start to get better was the third quarter.

1 Like

SO what’s the play if you have to get a car right now? Used market crazy expensive as well…

See if you can find a decent lease transfer to take over or order a Wrangler 4xE

1 Like

530i M Sport Package

Hello, everybody,

I’m currently considering starting a lease but it looks like it’s not a good time. For example, I was looking into a 2021 Accord hybrid EX-L back in February and looking at the numbers now, it’s $90/month more :roll_eyes:

I called one of the brokers present on this forum and he told me it was the worst time he’s ever seen to start a lease…damn!

So I guess I got my answer but, what do you gifs think?

And how much longer do you think I should wait?

Thank you

Do you need a car or want a car?

2 Likes

Hold On Wait GIF by filmeditor

7 Likes

I can wait

1 Like

I was just telling a friend the other day that this is worst (from shoppers perspective) car buying market since AT LEAST back before when 0% APR offers popularized in the post 9/11 era (‘keep America rolling’, etc).

I would only buy/lease a new car now if I absolutely had to or the massive equity in my existing car was burning such a hole in my pocket that I couldn’t even feel the pain of the new car overcharge.

5 Likes

This is my issue. The deals are terrible right now but I am getting offers for ABOVE MSRP on my 2019 4Runner (almost $10k in equity). I worry if I don’t dump it now that I’ll lose most of that when the market corrects.