One-Pay Lease with Trade in Equity greater than amount due

So I am in the process of leasing a 2023 Jeep Sahara 4xe for 36mo/10k miles. The residual is 62% with a .00248MF I am trading in a 2022 Sahara 4xe (long story) that I own outright. I was messing around with the leasehackr calculator and thought why not try a one-pay lease and using the equity in my trade to meet the one-pay amount. My trade in equity is 54k, I live in IL (7%) taxes. Was wondering if someone could check over the lease figures from my deal in the calculator and let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this is actually correct. thanks so much.

sounds like they are going to give you a check.

I agree but was wondering if those figures are actually accurate and there isn’t a glitch in the program given the equity of the trade is greater than the amount due on a one-pay lease

Without knowing the Dealer numbers the calc is just that, a number. The dealer can pull a lot of shenanigans to raise the price to whatever they want.

what do you mean, I am buying at MSRP, my trade in value is 54k, Residual is 62%, MF is .00248 and then the buy down by .00072 for one pay on 36/10k, acq fee is 595, doc fee is 324.24, title is 215 and my tax rate is 7% for cars where I live and for leases the payment is taxed. Just curious if any of the Hackrs agree/disagree with my figures.

Maybe you should ask that directly in the huge 4xe thread, that’s some specific stuff that your title did not really address.

ryan reynolds hd GIF

One pay numbers can vary a bit, depending on how the dealer structures the contract with what is capitalized and what isn’t. They should structure it with nothing capitalized, but they very often do.

Id also plan on the acq fee being $895

Youre not in Chicago proper, are you?

no, burbs. Yeah I know there are two ways for them to try and run it with adding up the payments vs paying the depreciation and the rent charge but thats why im curious if this calculator is working properly.

Its more than that. Every single fee/tax/item can be elected to be capitalized or not.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.