Ok, Manual Fanatics: How serious are you?

1 Like

If it were a factory option then it would be tempting, but paying 2x blue book for somebody’s project car is never a good idea.

5 Likes

^this. Maybe if it were half their asking price it’d be tempting. Just entirely too much that could go wrong in the future and no guarantees you’ll find someone capable of taking care of it properly.

Based on Audi’s market research, it is the answer to a question no one asked, which is why it doesn’t exist here in the first place.

2 Likes

But but but all those dudes with the big beards wear the Save the Manuals t-shirts . . .are you saying they don’t buy as enthusiastically as they proselytize?

:bat:

2 Likes

Well, I certainly don’t.

1 Like

SIXTY. TWO. THOUSAND. DOLLARS!?

Oh man, just think of the stuff you can get for that. Like, oh I dunno, a brand new SQ5 with an actual warranty PLUS a fabulous and expensive vacation to Germany with first class Lufthansa flights to go drive the manual version if you ever wanted to.

These project cars are always priced so outrageously. You’ve made an expensive and already pretty unreliable German Sports SUV into an even more unreliable kit car and voided any warranty that was left. And you want DOUBLE the price for doing so? No thanks!

2 Likes

If I wanted a manual conversion with no warranty coverage, I’d get a E39 or 34 wagon

Audi fans can choose from B5, 6 and 7 wagons. SUV fans can find Cayenne 6-speeds

4 Likes

I’m not familiar with Q5/SQ5s, but I’ve seen a bunch of people online saying it isn’t even a real SQ5 - it’s a Q5 with the 3.0L swapped in.

1 Like

Didn’t think this could get any more “crack pipe” but there’s a first time for everything

4 Likes

Cool, they made a perfectly fine SQ5 worse, and now it shares more in common with a tractor.

Audi reliability, hardly Japanese, and I should buy one with a conversion tranny…? I don’t think so…

Save the Manuals means buying new cars with manual transmissions so that automotive manufacturers are still incentivized to produce and sell manual transmission cars in the states. Not buying some hackjob manual conversion that Audi never offered or would sell.

I love driving manual but I wouldn’t want to do it in a crossover.

1 Like