Off Topic Landfill

Plagiarizing? Copying my post? Man, you are really obsessed with me and are one sick puppy. Too much time on your hands. Go find something productive to do, assuming you can.

Goodbye bmw. After over 13 cars in last 10 years; our relationship is coming to an end. 2 bmws leases coming due end of the month. Thats going back and looking elsewhere. Another goes back next April.

1 Like

Seems to be an interesting strategy- BMW Corp looks to have the dealerships take the brunt of the hit in terms of selling below invoice (fewer discounts & rebates), while BMWFS makes thousands more per lease. I can only see this working if BMW NA sends boatloads of money back to each dealership every month. Otherwise many dealerships are going to get poor.

…waiting to be pulled to off-topic thread…

I agree; trunk cash only way I see them have repeat customers.

Does my VW Tiguan lease ending next month qualify for Conquest? Can’t seem to find anything other than “competitive lease”

Maybe they can complain more to get some other incentives going.

Wow things must be getting ugly for BMWF to backdown on interest hike. Also, if they really truly needed to increase them they would have. So this shows that at times they jack up the rates, but maybe they don’t really need to just yet, but do for a little extra profit.

I’m hoping they add extra incentives. If they adding incentives to loaner cars to fudge new car numbers. Allowing msd to come back in some markets, decreasing money factor. I think the picture isn’t as wonderful as some might think. I know my dealer is hurting; as well as other dealers I have dealt with. Between my family and I we have had over 12 Bmw leases in last 10 years. It has been really bad last few years. Many leaving brand to try other options.

I’m sure some or most BMW dealers are hurting. BMW was set up to move metal, that involved investments in dealer expansion, more employees etc. All of the sudden they decide more profit per unit vs. sales volume, well that left many stores overbuilt, and over staffed. Millions were spent on these new dealerships and they were counting on X amount of sales, now sales are lower at many stores and they are hurting. Sales of BMW USA 2016 vs. 2017 were down 9% for 2017. Yea, sales for YTD 2018 are up a little, but probably won’t be as high as they were in 2016.

We are not just talking about interest rates for BMW, they changed their sales strategy to less volume, more profit, which equates to more expensive leases. Yes interest rates are going up, but BMW raised theirs prematurely and then backed back down. This means, that they really didn’t need to raise them this time, since they had been raising them for months. Is they truly were needing to do it, they would have stuck to their plan.

2 Likes

Some other captives have been raising rates for months too, quicker and more, in fact, than BMW. Why BMW ultimately caved this month is a mystery and personal opinion to all of us, unless you work on the inside.

Other captives are making leases more expensive as well. Unless you’re happy with a stripped 100/month Encore, which I am not in that camp, that is.

I don’t understand why everyone is poo pooing BMWs leasing programs in @bmw_dave’s thread, as he 1) has no control over it, 2) other manufacturer’s are doing it too, whether you believe it or not, and 3) the guy is trying to make a living and he is working with what he has (see point 1 again).

Bitch and moan about how terrible BMW is in the off-ramp, not on this guy’s mechanism of supporting his family. You’re making it hard for people who are actually interested in a BMW, despite your opinions, from getting the answers they want.

He’s not a snake oil salesman, and invests time each month providing forum members info that he doesn’t have to do. Give him the same courtesy in return.

5 Likes

No one said BMW Dave is a snake, infact BMW Dave is an asset to this site. This discussion sort of evolved on here, and yes you’re right, probably should have been on another thread. But, BMW chose to change its business sales strategy and is hurting many of its dealers. It was dealers complaining that led to the rates being lowered, this info came from sources at Bimmerfest that Are employees.

1 Like

Then go discuss how stupid and naive BMW is at Bimmerfest, prepare for them to go bankrupt over their stupidity, and let this guy earn a living.

BMW is supposed to be a premium brand. How or why you expect leases to be cheap as a norm instead of the exception is beyond me. They are taking a bath on many of the cars coming back over the last couple years. They are entitled to make a profit at any way they see fit, and if people are buying them, really have no reason to change that strategy to appease the .05% of the American buying public interested in a BMW on Leasehackr.

Audi’s don’t lease well either. Should we discuss how stupid they are as well, because you can’t get a 55k Audi for 275/month?

No one is complaining about Dave or other dealers. I for one am a huge Bmw fan. Had so many bmws and my family only drove bmws for latter part of 14 years. The company itself in last few years has declined. Dealers can only do so much; they are mercy of Bmw financial.

Some examples of what went away. I have done 2 European deliveres; that now has declined in discount. Matinance of vehicles has been cut back. Fleet discounts have been cut back. Msd went away and came back to be much worse. Residuals went down and mf went up. Understandable based on feds raising rates. However worse issue is the quality of the vehicles in my experience; have declined. BMW doesn’t stand behind its products like they used to. I have had 2 cars with brake issues. One was f10 528; brakes gave out after numerous attempts to fix; another f30 340 with air in brake lines and bmw refuses to fix it. Just overall disgusted how they can careless about customers who have been loyal to brand.

Dave thank you for your help; I wish you much success with bmw. Appreciate help in forum.

One thing I am curious about leasing loaners, one people tend to not treat loaners well compared to their own or even leased cars so who knows how these cars accelerate during a loan. Two IIRC BMW and Mercedes rate their tires at 40k-45k. So if you were to lease a loaner at already around 5k-7k miles, then add on maybe 36k or 45k, wouldn’t you be responsible for the tires at turn in for mileage that you didn’t drive yourself?

For your first point, who cares how it was treated in the first couple thousand miles unless you plan on buying it at lease end. You’re still covered under warranty for the duration of the lease.

Second point, don’t believe that 45k tire rating on a run flat. You will be absolutely lucky to get that out of them. Many have replaced after 12-15k. However, yes, you may be required to buy tires. You’d have to take that into consideration with regard to how good your deal is to see if it is worth it. With that said, you can always buy used tires, as long as they have the same spec as OEM.

1 Like

If you’re getting one with low profile tires you won’t come close to 40k. I have an 09 m3 with super sports and I’m lucky to get 20k out of them, my friend got a 740 last year with 20" pirellis and said he needed new ones at 18k. Can’t speak to how everyone treats loaners but I know I drove them like I stole them, definitely more wear and tear on tires and brakes but the engine can take it

Any one know a dealership that has a 330e demo for lease?

You need to do your due diligence and search the dealer websites. You’re not going to get handed a deal.

What do you mean “the brakes gave out”? Brakes are wear items. And if you have air in the brake line, go get it bled. Those are not pricey maintenance items.